Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Unhappy Kernel Panic after a 8.2 run - 01-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Hi everyone!

i've installed 10.6 two weeks ago after a bios downgrade to A04, everything's going fine! A perfect MAC until this morning!
Yesterday i've noticed that BT doesn't work so i've tryed to run (i've read it in a post somewhere that someone solved the same problem) NBI 8.02.
This morning i've start the Mini and got a kernel panic!
i've tried to boot with -x, -v and others but always kernel panic.

anyone knows what i got to do to access my system and run 8.03 again?

p.s. after all of that i've opened up the 10v and find no BT device

Thanx
  (#2) Old

Default 01-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Try running NBI 0.8.3F from a bootable usb stick (e.g., the one you used to install OS X in the first place). You will need to enable usb legacy to boot from usb.

Phil

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old

Default 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM

i've tried to use the same USB i used for install, i've found the NBI in application menu and i've runned it several times with different settings. nothing works.
i've tried to use time machine to go back 2 days -always booting the same usb with osx- bot always got a boot freeze
finally i've reinstalled over the whole system (10.6) and get it booting without NBI. i've found everything at its place, with a perfect work of time machine: in fact last two days emailing lost.
but this morning i run the NBI (trying to fix the sleep that still doesn't works) and it's come back in the same situation: kernel panic and boot freeze. i've got to reinstall over again.

now i'm trying to upgrade to 10.6.2, maybe it's the solution!

Dell Mini 10v - A04 1GbRam 160GbHD - Snow Leopard 10.6 - ordered BT - USB Legacy disabled
  (#4) Old

Default 01-18-2010, 08:26 PM

after an upgrade to 10.6.2 i've runned NBI with defoult option, the result is kernel panic and boot freeze.
Now i'm triying to boot with the -x option by holding down the SHIFT while booting
I hope to find a way to do not reinstall again.....

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

That's worked:

power button
Keep hold down the SHIFT
type "-x" then ENTER
type password for enter the OSX in safe mode
re-running 0.8.3 with all the options ON
rebooting, turnin OFF legacy USB in BIOS

WELL DONE!

Dell Mini 10v - A04 1GbRam 160GbHD - Snow Leopard 10.6 - ordered BT - USB Legacy disabled