Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default PDANet install causes "Still waiting for root device" error? - 07-28-2012, 03:32 PM

So I just installed PDAnet because I'l traveling in West Africa and rather than buy a USB 3G modem and have data on my GSM phone, I wanted to just make the phone do double duty.

Running a mini 10v with 10.6.7. Never had a problem before. Never upgraded to 10.6.8 since it seemed like there were still some issues with that upgrade last I looked.

So I install the PDAnet package and restart.... only to now get the "Still waiting for root device" error if I boot normally. If I boot without loading cache, then it boots just fine - and I can't seem to boot into a recovery -y version by holding shift.

Should I run NBI 5.1 again maybe? I don't want to run NBI again without knowing that will work out.

Thoughts? Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default well - 07-30-2012, 10:55 AM

making 2 different threads on the wrong forum wont get you anywhere.

taken from the top of this forum....
"Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum."
  (#3) Old

Default oops - thanks - 07-30-2012, 02:50 PM

Well one was a situation before it got worse, but you are correct about the OS X part. Sorry about that, it explains why no one was replying