Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old

Default How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 03:56 AM

from the day of order to your door. I live in Vancouver BC and I placed my dell mini 9 order on September 21st and it's estimated arrival date is october 27th (only change I made was 16gb SSD instead of 8gb). I was wondering (especially for people living in BC) how long it took for your dell mini to arrive? were you satisfied with the way it came? (no scratches or damages during shipping)
  (#2) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 04:33 AM

Well, don't mean to gloat but I ordered one on Tuesday, they rang me Wed to confirm credit card details, it was waiting for me when I got home Thursday! Admittedly I am in Australia, and there is only one configuration available here (Black, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Bluetooth, camera, the works) so stock keeping must be easier.

It's awesome, delivery condition was perfect.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 06:50 AM

same kind of story for me as Flewy, ordered it on a tuesday, and had it by the friday, that was ordering in the UK.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 10:27 AM

Ordered mine yesterday (2nd Oct), got a phone call today saying its coming monday.
Though when I ordered on the Dell site it said the Dell Mini had a 15 day wait and estimated me delivery on the 17th of Oct.

cant wait

Nimrod
  (#5) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 11:45 AM

ordered the 16th, got it the 26th
  (#6) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 12:24 PM

It would be informative to know where people live to see if there are any trends in certain areas, especially U.S. vs UK.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM

I ordered two 16GB XP versions on Sep 12th.................... still waiting. They are supposed to be here Oct. 22.

long story.

but because of the mistakes Dell made, I got some pretty hefty discounts. $65 off per unit for EPP, and then another $40 off per unit, then the third time they placed the order, refunded overnight shipping and knocked another $80 off. Each order cancelation was a dell mistake of some kind that caused it. I think by the time it's all overwith, with tax and everything I will be paying about $375 for a fully loaded mini delivered.... BT/1GB Ram/16GB SSD/XP/1.3 Cam

I'm in Texas btw.

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#8) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Ordered mine on our Dell account the 18th and received it on the 29th.
Loaded black WinXP version.
It was slated to arrive the 9th of October.

Felt like a longer wait though, I was really looking forward to getting one.

It's worth the wait folks, hang in there!!
Go buy a 2gb DIMM in the mean time!

(edited to include type)

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#9) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM

Were all of these orders for the black model?
Because I ordered the white one on the 13th (really processed on the 15th), fully loaded. I've also had a few setbacks with the Adobe/Configuration error. It's now Oct 3, and I still haven't seen it. Tracking still shows it as "In Production".

Primary: XPS M1210 | Core2Duo | Vista Ultimate | 3GB RAM | 250GB HD
Secondary: Mini 9 | Pretty Pink | XP Home | 64GB SSD | 2GB RAM | Bluetooth | 1.3MP Camera
  (#10) Old

Default Re: How long did it take for your Dell to arrive? - 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM

ordered on the 8th... received it on the 22nd. i live in northern california, so it was shipped out of reno, nevada