Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old

Default It's finally coming in! - 06-03-2009, 12:36 AM

Back on 3/2, I ordered a tricked out black Mini 9 - 2GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1.3MP Webcam, and Bluetooth.

It's been delayed several times, but I'm finally getting it tomorrow! Yay!

(I already had a unit like the above, but with a 16GB SSD, but I'm excited about finally getting the 64GB one...)
  (#2) Old

Default 06-03-2009, 05:40 AM

Congrats! I bet your 3 month wait felt like a life sentence! I mean, it doesn't take much longer to build a cruise liner!

Enjoy your 9.
  (#3) Old

Default 06-03-2009, 06:25 AM

hope it comes in perfectly
after that long wait.
enjoy your new mini.
  (#4) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 02:56 AM

Well, it came in... guess they got desperate for 64GB SSD supplies; this thing has a RunCore 64G-C SSD. It's even branded RunCore on it!
  (#5) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM

hmmm....another sign that the stock ssd's suck. i have to send my ssd back under warrenty....maybe i'll get lucky and get a runcore back.
  (#6) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM

welcome to the minii comunity
  (#7) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM

OMG! THREE MONTHS??

Pardon my caps ... but a three month wait deserves a little emphasis! DELL used a RunCore?

::faint::

Kevin
  (#8) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM

It's been backordered since early March due to the shortage of the 64GB SSD. Dell executive support was great at monitoring it for me and informing me of the progress of the unit... I also got some extras out of the deal.

I was truly amazed that it had a RunCore 64GB SSD in it... still branded RunCore, sans the USB connector (but the solder pads are there to tack one one). Dell must have had supply issues with the STEC SSD and finally got fed up and filled the rest of the 64GB orders with RunCores.

I do have two other Mini's - a black 16GB and (upgraded from 4GB) pink 8GB one. They're going to the two older kids, because I have four kids fighting over one PC right now. So two of them are getting heavily filtered Mini's to get their Webkinz/Pop Tropica/Nickjr.com fixes. The pink one is going to be given in August and the other one likely this fall.
  (#9) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
It's been backordered since early March due to the shortage of the 64GB SSD. Dell executive support was great at monitoring it for me and informing me of the progress of the unit... I also got some extras out of the deal.

I was truly amazed that it had a RunCore 64GB SSD in it... still branded RunCore, sans the USB connector (but the solder pads are there to tack one one). Dell must have had supply issues with the STEC SSD and finally got fed up and filled the rest of the 64GB orders with RunCores.

I do have two other Mini's - a black 16GB and (upgraded from 4GB) pink 8GB one. They're going to the two older kids, because I have four kids fighting over one PC right now. So two of them are getting heavily filtered Mini's to get their Webkinz/Pop Tropica/Nickjr.com fixes. The pink one is going to be given in August and the other one likely this fall.
I'm going to have a nice long talk with my Mother about why she was never this generous to ME when I was growing up!!!

Congratulations and Cheers!

Kevin
  (#10) Old

Default 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
Well, it came in... guess they got desperate for 64GB SSD supplies; this thing has a RunCore 64G-C SSD. It's even branded RunCore on it!
Some people must have not been as patient to wait as you were. Last night there were about 10 minis with 64gb ssd in the outlet.