Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Many Mini Delays - 04-21-2009, 12:11 AM

My order is for a standard 8GB SSD. Somebody piled on and confused things a bit.

I've purchased the DeLorme LT-40 GPS puck with Street Atlas. I also have Overland Navigator to install. Can't give a performance evaluation on either because the computer hasn't shown up yet!

If I get the 5th notification of delay I'll cancel the order and purchase a Samsung or Asus or anything but Dell. Maybe I can get them to take back the Studio XPS desktop too and make a clean sweep of it. :lol:

If it comes to that I'll see if Dell will take back the case, RAM and Bluetooth module, or if necessary see if I can sell them along with the RunCore.

My cost for the Mini is $99 as I purchased it along with the desktop. Perhaps that's put me last in line for delivery.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Many Mini Delays - 04-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiel
I wasn't ordering a 64GB RunCore seperate - not sure where I might have said that on here. I wanted the 64GB drive stock from the factory, as well as BlueTooth, 1.3MP camera, etc. Everything "loaded" except the RAM (I can get 2GB for $20.)
Oops! Confused you're post with the post from the thread originator! That's what you get for thread hijacking :lol:

My Mini 9: Obsidian Black / OS X / 32GB STEC / 2GB HyperX / Bluetooth
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Many Mini Delays - 04-21-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnose
Oops! Confused you're post with the post from the thread originator! That's what you get for thread hijacking :lol:
Nah, didn't mean to thread-jack... just wanted to share in the OP's frustration at Dell's delays, since I ordered mine within a day of him/her. Three months to get a system in is insane.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Many Mini Delays - 04-21-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEDan1977
to bad you didn't get the mini with the AT&T card built in, because that card has GPS built in and you wouldn't need an external bluetooth GPS PUK
is the Dell Wireless 5530 compatible with mini 9?
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Many Mini Delays - 04-21-2009, 10:09 PM

I ordered my mini on April 19 (Ubuntu, 32 GB SSD, 2GB RAM), and right now it is supposed to ship on May 11. It blows my mind that Dell still charges for shipping on orders over $50, to be completely honest. I'm hackintoshing my Mini, and I have to say the experience - from ordering process with Dell, to finding/configuring your product, to the emails they send out - is like going back to the dark ages.

But it'll all be worth it. I just hope this thing ships sooner rather than later.
  (#16) Old

Default 05-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Still waiting for computer. Order placed on 03/07, latest guestimate for delivery is 05/22. I log on and check status every Monday and right on schedule a new delay is posted. I then call the boys in Bombay and am told it will be shipped by or before the estimated ship date no problem. Of course, that is proving repeatedly to be complete nonsense.

What a huge disapointment. You can believe it will a cold day in hades before I place an order with dell.

Perhaps the real problem is the $99 price I got the unit for. Lowest priority or something.
  (#17) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM

I have posted similar comments in the "How long did it take for your Dell to arrive" thread, but if you want a Mini 9 in "DAYS" and not months, please consider the Dell Outlet and their refurbished units. I have ordered and received 4 Mini 9's for family and friends and ALL arrived within 5 days, in "as new" condition. Even if the configuration is not exactly what you want, the 30%, or so, savings help defer the cost of additional parts like 2Gb SODIMs or a larger SSD. When you deal with the Outlet, the units are in stock and ready to ship, no production delays and "optimistic" promises from sales pukes on delivery dates. Give it a try.
  (#18) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestion re the outlet. Makes a bunch of sense except that I got (suppossedly) my Mini for $99 as an incentive to purchase a new desktop. Don't believe you can get an outlet unit for that price.

I purchased a Samsung netbook yesterday. It was in stock and is on the way. According to the reviews it is a better machine than the Dell anyway, although much more expensive.

When, and if, the dell ever shows up I'll just sell it and all the accessories I've already received for cost.

I'm betting somebody here wants an uninstalled 64GB RunCore.
  (#19) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltatory View Post
cancel it and buy from the outlet! new configs are posted at least daily and turnaround time is usually about a week.
or two days.

ordered mini 9 from outlet monday - got it today / wednesday.

great stuff.