Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#11) Old

Default 11-02-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by networktec View Post
anyone else installed 2gb memory in dell mini 10 and had screw standoff issues?

thanks
I'm getting a 2GB and 1GB model in next week from the Outlet. So, I'll let you know. I bought a loaded 1GB XP one (TV tuner, Bluetooth, WWAN base with antennas, etc), and a 2GB Win Vista model.
  (#12) Old

Default 11-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Yep, definitely different standoffs. I'm going to see if it still fits or not with the standoffs removed. The only two standoffs that don't fit are the front two - if the CPU card is bracketed in, then the top cover is put on with the top two screws (the rear two), I don't see why it wouldn't work. I might try unsoldering the standoffs on both units if the board works.

There is one standoff on the 1GB Mobo that touches the board near some traces, so I'm going to put an insulating pad there to see if the unit powers up with the 2GB board.

In regards to the 2GB Mobo with the 1GB card - the left bottom standoff *almost* fits. The right one completely clears the board, so its fine.
  (#13) Old

Default 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
Yep, definitely different standoffs. I'm going to see if it still fits or not with the standoffs removed. The only two standoffs that don't fit are the front two - if the CPU card is bracketed in, then the top cover is put on with the top two screws (the rear two), I don't see why it wouldn't work. I might try unsoldering the standoffs on both units if the board works.

There is one standoff on the 1GB Mobo that touches the board near some traces, so I'm going to put an insulating pad there to see if the unit powers up with the 2GB board.

In regards to the 2GB Mobo with the 1GB card - the left bottom standoff *almost* fits. The right one completely clears the board, so its fine.
thanks, please let me know, ordered the mini10v, dell sent the mini10, and wants me TO PAY THEM 45.00 restocking fee for them sending me the wrong pc. they want to stck me with the mini10. first they offered me 25.00 credit if i kept wrong pc, and when i said no thanks ( want 2gb ram) they said i'd have to pay 45.00 restocking fee!!!

they got some nerve, and crappy customer service.