Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#101) Old
Administrator

Default 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM

We do not allow discussion of pirated copies of software in this forum. Slothtyper is also correct in noting that success using pirated copies is poor.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#102) Old

Default 11-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movemint View Post
jamesbarnhill

That is the method I have been using. I put a fresh install of 10.6.3 on my Sandisk drive and the NBI_084RC1 that you linked to on my freshly formatted smaller flash drive.

I still get the same panic.

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCahe/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/iokit/Kernel/I0PlatformExper.cpp:1389

Any Suggestions?

This is what happens with every install I try, No matter what the method. IS this related to my Snow Leopard rip then?

Thanks

~Jordan
Hey, I'm really sorry about the delay. Time slips by so fast...:P

Anyway, I believe I forgot to mention that you need to have your BIOS set up right. But you probably knew that...
In case you didn't USB wake support should be disabled, also try disabling Bluetooth.

~James

[  MacBook Pro 13" 2010 | 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM DDR3 | 250GB HDD | NVidia 320M 256MB SDRAM 
Dell Mini 9 <I don't own this anymore> | BIOS: A06 | SL 10.6.3 retail DVD | 1GB RAM | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | BT: √ (Tetany's BT Terminal Mod) |
Audio: √ (Akki's Mini 9 Sound and Mic Fix bundle) | Legacy USB: Off | Sleep: √ | Method: My compiled method | Easier method ]
  (#103) Old

Default 11-24-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothtyper View Post
Among other things, the success rate with downloaded images has been extremely poor. It's cheap, you should buy the retail disk.
I completely agree its cheap, however what is the success rate with a retail copy?

Im not one to take a gamble before jumping to the other side and no disrespect but anyone can google OSX rip and look up a name of a pirated version.

I was simply asking if my method of madness would work.
  (#104) Old

Default 11-24-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dltv View Post
I completely agree its cheap, however what is the success rate with a retail copy?

Im not one to take a gamble before jumping to the other side and no disrespect but anyone can google OSX rip and look up a name of a pirated version.

I was simply asking if my method of madness would work.
Theoretically it could work, though converting a DMG to an IMG is really sketchy.
Either way, downloading a DMG usually only causes hosts issues, plus you won't be able to get the support, as a downloaded image will usually be unique.
The success rate with a retail copy will be much better than some obscure torrent.

[  MacBook Pro 13" 2010 | 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM DDR3 | 250GB HDD | NVidia 320M 256MB SDRAM 
Dell Mini 9 <I don't own this anymore> | BIOS: A06 | SL 10.6.3 retail DVD | 1GB RAM | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | BT: √ (Tetany's BT Terminal Mod) |
Audio: √ (Akki's Mini 9 Sound and Mic Fix bundle) | Legacy USB: Off | Sleep: √ | Method: My compiled method | Easier method ]
  (#105) Old
Administrator

Default 11-24-2010, 02:04 AM

We do not discuss installing from torrents here. Period. Buy the DVD.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#106) Old

Default 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM

hi guys, have tried to follow the guide but "PartedMagic on one of the small USB's (Instructions)" istructions arnt there anymore, how do i create the boot disk and where do i put the mach_kernel into the root on it

also do both usb sticks need to be fat32 formatted. thanks
  (#107) Old

Default 03-31-2012, 04:01 AM

Dear James,
I am really having trouble installing OS X SL on my Dell Mini 910.
I've tried the NBI USB method but not the CD method. I have no mac access but a Win 7 Ultimate PC. Every time I try to install OS X it boots up, I format/partition the SSD and start installing. A couple of minutes later it fails saying 'Could not copy necessary support files'. Something to do with 'Basesystem.pkg' on the log. Please help me! I am 12yrs old and this is beyond me. Thanks in advance.

Tags
osx mini9 snow leopard