General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old

Default Leopard and Spaces, keyboard mappings - 04-20-2009, 10:48 AM

I'm wondering if you know how to map the correct keys to the "Spaces" feature on Leopard. I got a Dell Mini 9 with a swedish keyboard (Installed with the DellEFI method), all the keys seem to work fine.

The only problem I've come across is that when I assign to the Spaces preference pane, it doesn't seem to register the arrowbuttons when i assign it or the number buttons.

Image here:

Seems to me that OSX thinks my mini9 keyboard is a full size keyboard an therefor doesn't register when I press those keys.

if I choose SWITCH DIRECTLY TO A SPACE. It does only register the "1"key, the rest are not working.

I don't know if the OS thinks that those keys need to be on because it's on a numberpad that i don't have on this keyboard.

I hope I'm wrong, Is there anybody that is using Spaces on the Mini9 who could help me out or at least lead me into the right direction?

Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Leopard and Spaces, keyboard mappings - 04-20-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm using Spaces - not had a problem with the arrow keys, they work fine. Never used the number keys so can't help there.

Please don't be offended by this, but sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious. You do know that the setting you've selected means that you have to press control-arrow and not just arrow?

Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.8 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | BIOS A05 | 16GB STEC SSD
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Leopard and Spaces, keyboard mappings - 04-20-2009, 03:26 PM

I use the apple command key (left alt key) and it works fine
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Leopard and Spaces, keyboard mappings - 04-21-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian
I'm using Spaces - not had a problem with the arrow keys, they work fine. Never used the number keys so can't help there.

Please don't be offended by this, but sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious. You do know that the setting you've selected means that you have to press control-arrow and not just arrow?
Not at all, I've run Emacs for some time and are familiar with the ^ key sign,.It just didn't work until I actually rebooted and tried the key combinations again, now it does. That's a bit weird but hey it's working now =D

Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04