Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#21) Old

Wink Great eBay battery! - 09-05-2012, 01:42 PM

Found a great ebay battery for the Dell Mini 9!

* ordered 25th August, recieved 5th September.

* ebay Seller ID: bestcomputerparts2010

* ebay battery auction link: eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

*RRP $49.99 USD

Will do some battery drain tests in the next few days but so far has only used 13% battery in the last 60mins. So far, so good. I have on there currently bios version A01 as i havent had the laptop very long and havent even looked at updating the bios yet so the A01 comes from the original owner. Viewing angle is quite comfortable and the battery has 2 little padded dots on the bottom to help keep it in place on the desk, preventing slippage.

I have uploaded some photos of my mini with its new skin from german ebay seller id: designskins & the new 5200 mAh extended battery.

hope this helps those out there looking for a good extended battery

(#22) Old

Default 09-10-2012, 12:17 AM

I found these cheap, the seller has good feedback, should I buy one?
I only get 1 hour and something from my factory dell battery.

ebay.co.uk/itm/
8-Cell-Laptop-Battery-for-Dell-Inspiron-Mini-9-Mini-9n-Mini-910-312-0831-/270995978463?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item3f189e78 df]8 Cell Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Mini 9n Mini 910 312-0831 | eBay

Oh, my BIOS is at a03 should I upgrade?
  (#23) Old

Default 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM

This is the one I bought. The mini9 seems to accept it but it won't charge when it's on or off. At this point I'm pretty sure it's the battery. I asked about a return and they said they'd send me a different battery but to first try the following:

Quote:
1. Try another adapter if possible and plug it into the laptop. Observe the battery indicator light on your laptop. If the light turns on; it's time to get a new adapter. Get in touch with your laptop vendor.
2. If step #1 does not work, turn of your system and try taking out the battery; then wait for 5 minutes. Plug it in and turn on your system. Plug in your power adapter and observe.
3. Flash your system BIOS. Simply get the latest BIOS driver from your laptop manufacturer's website and run the setup. The system will reboot, update the BIOS and restart.
4. Calibrate your battery. As a general rule, you should calibrate your battery every month or two to keep it running in top form.

To calibrate your laptop?s battery:

a. Plug your laptop in and let it charge completely (your battery icon in the menu bar will be completely full and the charger?s connector light turns green).
b. Keep the laptop plugged in for another two hours (after it is fully charged).
c. Disconnect your laptop from power. Use it until it falls asleep from low battery.
d. Turn off the laptop and let it ?rest? for about five hours.
e. Plug your laptop back in and let it fully charge.

It is completely fine to use your laptop during all of these steps (except, of course, when the computer is asleep).Calibrating your laptop battery every few months is a great way to ensure you get the longest life out of it.

If neither of the fix works for you, please do let us know so we can further assist you.
I don't have another power adapter but it seems pretty clear at this point it's the battery, yeah? Plus this is pretty obviously their generic help reply. If I could calibrate the battery in the way they describe that would mean the battery is working and I wouldn't have asked to return it.

Would it be worth updating the BIOS to A06? That's the current one right? Is there any advantage to having it over A04/any chance of the battery working?

Last edited by abearatemyparents; 09-10-2012 at 09:40 PM.
  (#24) Old
Administrator

Default 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM

I doubt updating the BIOS will make any difference. Sometimes when you get this symptom, pulling the battery and reinserting it (while AC connected) will allow it to work.

Steve
  (#25) Old

Default 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM

holmes4, I bought the cheapest battery I could find on eBay. All I got was a flashing orange light. I upgraded to A06 from one of your posts and it works normally now. I think it needs A04 or better.
  (#26) Old
Administrator

Default 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM

Glad to hear it. I am astonished, but glad.

Steve
  (#27) Old

Default 11-07-2012, 11:49 PM

Ok, been a while, but I got a replacement battery from techorbits. It was half my fault for not getting it returned sooner, but I have a new one and so far it's working great. I'm pretty happy with their service, a lot of the things they suggested were obvious auto-responses, but they did replace it with no problems.
  (#28) Old

Default 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abearatemyparents View Post
Ok, been a while, but I got a replacement battery from techorbits. It was half my fault for not getting it returned sooner, but I have a new one and so far it's working great. I'm pretty happy with their service, a lot of the things they suggested were obvious auto-responses, but they did replace it with no problems.
Thanx, was it this one?

TechOrbits replacement battery for Dell Inspiron Mini: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Used my 3G card the other day & boy does it suck juice!

Mini9 (Vodafone) 3G WiFi N WiMax BT 2GB .3MP 32G Runcore XP

Last edited by Paul42; 12-05-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: 3G
  (#29) Old

Default 12-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul42 View Post
Thanx, was it this one?

TechOrbits replacement battery for Dell Inspiron Mini: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Used my 3G card the other day & boy does it suck juice!
Probably. I originally got mine on ebay 64WH 8 Cell Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 9N 910 D044H W953G 312 0831 | eBay
  (#30) Old

Default 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicchen View Post
Found a great ebay battery for the Dell Mini 9!

* ordered 25th August, recieved 5th September.

* ebay Seller ID: bestcomputerparts2010

* ebay battery auction link: eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

*RRP $49.99 USD
I ordered one of those too. Works great

Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04