Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default How to Reset PRAM and NVRAM to Defaults on my dell mini hackintosh - 02-02-2012, 11:31 PM

Help!!! I'm getting a kernel panic! Using 10.6.7 (I don't want to start from scratch if it possible to fix without having to do so).... Tried performing recovery=y but it won't allow me to boot up from my hard drive... Originally had everything working but my sound and photo booth was lost I then installed the special NBI 351 and the sound came back but my KB and mouse pad was lost .....I then install Melkorts original mouse pad /kb kext and rebooted then my mouse pad came back an my KB started working..... But I got the Kernel Panic the i attempted to go into disk utility but the only netbook installer that was available for install was 8.3 .. This concerned me, but I decided to take a chance to see if I would be able to get my hard disk to boot..... Needless to say, my effort was not successful.... I know that if I can get NBI 351 installed that I will be able to get passed the kernel panic, but at this point everytime that I look up a storage device on the hard drive that has netbook installer it is subdued even on my jump drive as well..... Please help me! Is there away to install an application from the desktop using terminal or does anyone have a better way to rectify this problem???? I have a Dell Mini 10v OSX 10.6.7 Darwin Kernel Ver. 10.7.0 2GB memory

Last edited by drewsome; 02-02-2012 at 11:41 PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 02-03-2012, 06:32 AM

I would reinstall 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 again but over your existing install so that you keep all your apps, data and settings. Then install NBI...351 and then upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8
Mike

Dell inspiron mini 1011
A06
OSX10.6.8
Win7
Ubuntu 13.04
  (#3) Old

Default 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM

so first to clarify; PRAM is actually hardcoded in Apple hardware-- not sure about VRAM, but probably that as well.

so there really is no way to 'reset' those in a hackintoshed mini, as they don't actually exist.

however, a while back i got curious and eventually did figure out how to run NBI special from the USB installer. if you'd still like to give that a try---and haven't already started from scratch you can find the information here: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...tml#post186886

hope that helps.

cheers.

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link: http://db.tt/4z2wwup
  (#4) Old

Default 02-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Thanks for all the input! Please give me detailed or should I say step by step instructions on resolving this problem! I am totally a nube with this OSX app so please bare with me. First, How do I log into Root in terminal ?? I know my passwords but I don't remember my user name for my computer so how do I find this out?? I will try installing NBI from terminal and let you guys know how it went.... @ crabhunter how I do a reinstall of 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 again, but over my existing install so that I keep all of my apps, data, and settings. Then install NBI...351 and then upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8??? I just wanna make sure that I don't loose any of my data and settings, just like you said..........So please give me some detailed instructions, so that I can insure that I get this done correctly ...The other thing is, do you or anyone, have everything working with 10.6.8?? I've heard it causes a lot problems...If you do have it working successfully on you Hackintosh, what netbook installer are you using??

Last edited by drewsome; 02-05-2012 at 08:35 AM.
  (#5) Old

Default 02-05-2012, 01:25 PM

I assume you must know how to make a bootable usb installer so boot off the installer and when it asks you where you want to install osx just select the partition or hd that already has osx on it, do not use the disk utility to erase or re-partition the drive. It will take much longer to install but just be patient.
Then when you reboot, boot off the usb again but select the hard drive and then it should boot. You can now run NBI...351 and then install 10.6.7.
You might have to use recovery=y to boot 10.6.7 but then re-run NBI...351 and you should be good to go.
I am running 10.6.8 with no problems but it is more involved.
I think you should try to get back to a running system first.
Mike

Dell inspiron mini 1011
A06
OSX10.6.8
Win7
Ubuntu 13.04
  (#6) Old

Thumbs up 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabhunter View Post
I assume you must know how to make a bootable usb installer so boot off the installer and when it asks you where you want to install osx just select the partition or hd that already has osx on it, do not use the disk utility to erase or re-partition the drive. It will take much longer to install but just be patient.
Then when you reboot, boot off the usb again but select the hard drive and then it should boot. You can now run NBI...351 and then install 10.6.7.
You might have to use recovery=y to boot 10.6.7 but then re-run NBI...351 and you should be good to go.
I am running 10.6.8 with no problems but it is more involved.
I think you should try to get back to a running system first.
Mike
@crabhunter: thanx a million in advance, I will try doing this and let you know how it goes (with my fingers crossed of course).