Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old

Question just a couple of questions guys! :) - 06-02-2011, 10:51 PM

hey everyone!

got my dell duo today and so far im right impressed with it, except for a few details..

firstly, Mcafe... yuck..
and all the software thats on there lol jeezzzz

anyway, im thinking of doing a clean install of win7 ultimate (via usb as i have to wait untill my birthday for the wife to get me an external dvd drive )

and ive found the section on dells drivers and software using my service tag.

now i imagine all the drivers needed are there i.e graphics, audio, touchscreen and pad, wireless. but is the software there to? you know the software that pops up when you flip over to tablet mode? fair enough its a bit on the slow side but i kinda like it lol im basically aiming for a clean win7 ultimate install and the drivers to get all the hardware working at just that software

and secondly,

how can i go about getting dell to send me some discs with the OS, drivers and software on them? i mean shouldnt they already be in the box?

its been a while since ive bought a new comp, (ive usually just upgraded the motherboard and cpu and memory and graphics on my desktop on my own) so the last time i got a new comp was ages ago (a dell vostro 1000) which came with the OS disc and the drivers and software/utilities

so any help would be great thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default 06-03-2011, 12:13 PM

Hey there,

I'll post the software link when thw website lets me...

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I'm not spamming, just need another post before I can link...

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Hopefully I can link now...

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Okay now I look very stupid...

If you type smartsource dell into Google, it's the first one.

All the stage software is available for download upto 3 times.
  (#3) Old

Default 06-04-2011, 05:19 AM

nice one! thanks for the link ill get that sorted!

and all the drivers needed for the sys is on the supports page at dell?
just wanna be sure i can get everything working again from a fresh install
  (#4) Old

Default 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM

I copied all the required drivers from dells support page to DVD plus the software available at smartsource. Now everthing is running perfectly after a clean install.

Although I have spent the last three days trying to get the stage icons to appear when you start duo stage. But last night I managed to get it working again.

It took that long because I'm an idiot, not because it's difficult to do...
  (#5) Old
Expert Member

Thumbs up 06-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrescoCarrierBag View Post
I copied all the required drivers from dells support page to DVD plus the software available at smartsource. Now everthing is running perfectly after a clean install.

Although I have spent the last three days trying to get the stage icons to appear when you start duo stage. But last night I managed to get it working again.

It took that long because I'm an idiot, not because it's difficult to do...
You aren't an idiot. Far from it.
Lots of folks on here have tried to get the Stage stuff to work and they haven't!

Would you mind posting a thread the process you used to restore the Stage stuff to working condition?
I don't use it personally, but I'm pretty sure you'd be helping some folks out by sharing your techniques.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#6) Old

Default 06-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Cheers strider...

However, I may have encountered another problem!!

Could someone confirm for me that when you open duoStage, the taskbar should disappear, because mine stays there. Also when I touch any of the icons it loads the correct program, but duoStage closes.

My mind is a little fuzzy, but I thought duoStage stayed on in the background before my reinstall. It's purely aesthetic but still annoying.

Maybe saying it works perfectly was a bit hasty...

I'm wondering if Thinix is causing a clash. I might do a re-reinstall

I'll save the idiot guide for later, when this idiot has worked it out!

After watching some duoStage videos on youtube, it seems my software is functioning as it was before the clean install. Old age causing memory loss...

If anybody is having problems with missing icons after a clean install, I will happily share the mistakes I made to finally get it working again.

Last edited by TrescoCarrierBag; 06-05-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Update
  (#7) Old

Default 06-06-2011, 01:53 AM

hey!

has anyone had any issues with video playback?
in media player the divx files ive played all seem to have a bit of shutter to them, they dont play back smoothly which they do on my other laptop..

ive tried uninstalling the broadcom cyrstal hd decoder and they presto they play smooth now.. but 1080p seems to have picked up a slight slowdown from time to time so im gonna try the latest version of the crystal decoder..

just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they got on?

Ps-
ive tried the latest crystal hd decoder (3.5) and the stutter is back but the 720 and 1080p vids (.mp4) play nice and smooth again. ive tried the divx in the vlc player and they play nice and smooth in that.
dont suppose anyone knows how to configure the hd decoder? or tell media player 12 which codec to use?

Last edited by HybriDPjT; 06-06-2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: additional info
  (#8) Old

Default 06-12-2011, 10:37 AM