Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Default How many of you actually use the streak as a phone? - 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM

I am considering getting the streak as my next phone. I was wondering whether this was practical - how many of you are using the streak as your only mobile?
  (#2) Old

Default 05-16-2011, 02:34 PM

New owner, and mostly used the Streak 5 for texting through Google Voice. That part was great! Just the other day, I had my first serious attempt at using the phone for a conference call. I immediately discovered the handset is incompatible with my favored Apple earbuds with mic. wah wah

After quickly locating the headset that came with the Streak 5, I realized the microphone is not in an ideal place for a natural conversation. wah wah

I'm going to invest in a Bluetooth earbud for voice calls. I don't see this working well any other way.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to pappyfire
Default 05-16-2011, 08:59 PM

I use my Streak everyday as my only personal phone. I do not have any problems at all. I've had since it was first released in the US and am still loving it.
  (#4) Old

Default 05-16-2011, 11:11 PM

I got rid of my iPhone 4 for the streak and use it as my cell phone on a daily basis. It took me about 3-4 phone calls to get used to holding it to my ear properly and whatnot. but after that, i like it more than any other cell phone ive owned.

Alpine White Mini 9, 2Gb ram, 64Gb Runcore SSD, 1.3MP cam, internal BT module, Dualboot Win7/OSX 10.5.8

Unlocked Streak, Streakdroid v.1.9.0

XPS M1330, 4Gb ram, 320Gb HDD, 128Mb Geforce 8400M GS, Wireless N, internal BT module, Slim and Brite LCD, Windows 7 Ultimate
  (#5) Old

Default 05-16-2011, 11:27 PM

I use it as my phone since I got it about 10 months ago.

The 1.6 version of Android was a bit awkward, but it's got a lot easier with 2.1 and 2.2.
  (#6) Old

Default 05-17-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyndStryke View Post
I use it as my phone since I got it about 10 months ago.

The 1.6 version of Android was a bit awkward, but it's got a lot easier with 2.1 and 2.2.

Same here
  (#7) Old

Default 05-17-2011, 07:22 AM

was my only phone till it went off for repair at the weekend, will be again if/when it comes back.

As mentioned, takes a few does to get used to holding it in the rtight place but otherwise works fine and you become less self concious after a few calls.
  (#8) Old

Default 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM

well once u get used to it, there is no turning back. You wont like to look at other phone screen once your eyes are set for it's beautiful 5'' display.
  (#9) Old

Default 05-20-2011, 07:52 AM

I've used my Streak as my phone for the past 10-11 months and it's the best phone I've ever had. It's also the most unreliable I've ever had too, but there is so much that is so good about it, its still the best device out there in my opinion.
I just wish there was a 5.5" or 6" device that had phone capability.

Matt
Streak supplied 8 July 2010, direct from Dell.co.uk
  (#10) Old

Smile 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3matt View Post
I've used my Streak as my phone for the past 10-11 months and it's the best phone I've ever had. It's also the most unreliable I've ever had too, but there is so much that is so good about it, its still the best device out there in my opinion.
I just wish there was a 5.5" or 6" device that had phone capability.
I find nothing unreliable about my Streak. I use it for business calls, conferences including video conf. Its a great desktop replacer due its tablet portability. Excellent size, perfect mp3 and movies device.