Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#11) Old

Default 05-14-2011, 01:39 AM

I am using a SwissGear netbook sleeve from WalMart, I originally purchased it for my Inspiron Mini 1012. It is a little snug on the Duo but still works well with it. Nice case, relatively inexpensive and well made.

Inspiron Mini 1012, 2GB RAM, T-Mobile Wireless Broadband, 1366 x 768 screen upgrade
Inspiron Duo, Office Pro 2010, openSuSE 12.1 64bit
  (#12) Old

Default 05-15-2011, 07:29 PM

I ended up getting a red stucano second skin case. I decided with the duo I am likely to want to chuck it in another bag along with my other stuff rather than carrying multiple bags.
  (#13) Old

Default 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM

I found a nice netbook portfolio at Microcenter that fits the Duo perfectly. It is just a simple lightly padded sleeve, but does the job quite well and looks somewhat like a rather large day planner. There is no additional storage but that's OK by me for use at work.
Micro Center - Acer Netbook Portfolio and Wireless Optical USB Mouse Kit Fits LCD Screens up to 11.6" Black LZ.23800.060
I do not know how well the included wireless mouse works, I use a bluetooth mouse with my Duo.

Inspiron Mini 1012, 2GB RAM, T-Mobile Wireless Broadband, 1366 x 768 screen upgrade
Inspiron Duo, Office Pro 2010, openSuSE 12.1 64bit

Last edited by penmaker; 05-19-2011 at 10:58 AM.
  (#14) Old

Default 07-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Got a messenger bag by caselogic, and love it so far. It's larger than you need for a duo, but I carry enough around that I fill it up. The laptop area zippers closed, and feels nicely padded. Prior to this I was using a big swissgear backpack. It was too bulky for my needs (public transports a bitch with a huge bag on your back) but I can say I'd have no problem with another swissgear bag in the future, it was pretty good quality.

cant post links yet, but its Case Logic LNM-15F, i think.
  (#15) Old

Default 07-23-2011, 03:00 AM

I got the cheap 10" tablet slip case at Walmart and it fits perfect. Don't know the brand but it looks like the Swiss army logo on the front.
  (#16) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 05:09 PM

I concocted my own set-up to vary with what I need to haul with me for the day. Very light day is a slipskin case (it will take the dongle and a couple small accessories); now that can fit into a padfolio without rings (this was hard to find!) that has a zipper for my I need more than just the computer days; now for heavy duty days all that can fit in my tote bag along with files, dvd drive, etc... I always grab the power supply and have an inverter in my car (has saved me for than once) because of the limited battery life of the duo. I'm a Realtor and usually on the move so the versatility of the setup is necessary. Also being able to pair down and leave the bag or padfolio in the car and just slip the duo in my purse (okay, large purse) is great in the summer to prevent cooking it in the heat.