Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#51) Old

Default 07-22-2009, 03:01 AM

how about press Fn 2?
  (#52) Old

Default 07-22-2009, 08:29 PM

As far as I understand, that shortcut works with a small application made by Dell for windows to toggle the wireless radios on and off. As I'm running OSX, Fn + 2 does me little good. And shouldn't be necessary, as the module is on and transferring data just fine. So long as I don't sleep the computer...

[sigh]

And now the module doesn't even recognize in OSX. This is what I get for installing Windows 7 on the spare SSD. The module didn't correctly configure under windows 7, nor did the Dell wireless (Fn + 2) toggle application, and now the module doesn't even appear on the mac side. (This is what I get for being tempted back to the dark side) :-)
  (#53) Old

Angry Grrrr.. - 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM

So it seemed I installed the the module incorrectly (flipped upside down) and of course, no workee. I corrected my problem, but still no workee -- I'm assuming that I blew out the module by having the 3.3V cable where the ground cable should be. Arrrgh! Wish the pictures in the install were better!

I have emailed the seller to try and get a replacement. Going to try and take pictures once I get it installed so that others don't repeat my mistake.

- Sameer
  (#54) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerUCLA View Post
So it seemed I installed the the module incorrectly (flipped upside down) and of course, no workee. I corrected my problem, but still no workee -- I'm assuming that I blew out the module by having the 3.3V cable where the ground cable should be. Arrrgh! Wish the pictures in the install were better!

I have emailed the seller to try and get a replacement. Going to try and take pictures once I get it installed so that others don't repeat my mistake.

- Sameer
Don't feel too bad. You're the second person to admit the mistake. The seller did replace the other person's destroyed module but that was before they put a disclaimer on Ebay. Still, good luck and it you post better pictures, that will be useful for everyone.

I remember when I installed mine, I took along time to make sure I was doing it correctly. :-/

Dell Mini 9 (96Gb) | White | SL 10.6.5 + Win7 Pro using EasyBCD 2.0 | 2G GSkill 667 RAM | No Webcam | BIOS A05 | 32G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | 32G SDHC (int w/ MR04 Card) | 1505 802.11n | Internal BT | Chrome Apple Logo
Dell Vostro A90 (96Gb) | SL 10.6.5 | 2G HyperX | 0.3Webcam | BIOS A04 | 64G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | and other stock features
| CLICK HERE TO ADD AN INTERNAL SDHC CARD | | CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE HACKINTOSH POLL |
  (#55) Old

Default 09-28-2009, 02:27 AM

I received my BT module from Hellowifi last week. They'd emailed me a few days before it was delivered saying that the cable that shipped with it was defective and it would damage the BT module. They shipped a replacement, I'm just curious if anyone else had this experience.

Mini 9 | Mac OS 10.6.1 | Bluetooth 2.1 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB SuperTalent
  (#56) Old

Default 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM

I was lucky to realize the correct side. First, I tried to plug in the cable the wrong way to my 10v board. Everything was too tiny and I didn't see it well first. But it didn't seem to plug in nicely. Then I realized that all those cream colored plugs had some kind of hook on their upper side, and so as the plug attached to the bluetooth cable.

Once the module was plugged in correctly, I followed the instruction provided by hellowifi to enable the bluetooth. XP found the module right away but didn't find the driver. Again following the instruction, I installed the driver R210564.exe from Dell's service page. After that, everything worked fine. It shows up as BCM2046 Bluetooth Device with driver WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 5.5.0.4700.
  (#57) Old

Default pinouts for hp module 2045NMD - 12-31-2009, 08:22 AM

everyone is talking about changing the pin order or changing the end but does anyone know the pins on the module itself, or where can i find them i have been looking. and all i have been able to find is the 10 pin connector for the dell module. i am looking for the 8 pin hp one. And help will be greatly appreciated.
  (#58) Old

Default 12-31-2009, 06:19 PM

(#59) Old

Default 02-13-2010, 10:15 PM

Can someone post pics of the correct way of installing this cable. which side is the top?And does hellowifi send the cable with the correct pinout, or do we have to fuss with it when we get it. Many thx in advance!