Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
macaroni

Default Hoda touch kit and snow leopard - 12-21-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm just looking for a little help here - wondering if anyone has had success installing the Hoda touch kit, or rather, installed the software under snow leopard successfully. i have installed the kit and put it all together, checked to make sure it shows up under system profiler (it does and just installed the software supplied by Hoda - but no touch recognition....well, before I open it up for the third time, any thoughts or advice.....any at all.....would be greatly appreciated - many, many thanks.
  (#2) Old

Default 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM

It was a while ago, may it's changed by now: the Intel drivers didn't work on my M9 but the PPC driver did (required Rosetta installed).
  (#3) Old
macaroni

Default 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the input - I'll give that a try!
  (#4) Old
macaroni

Default 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Well - that seems to be the right track - at least it's recognizing touch now - so I THINK I have it installed correctly, but when I conduct the 4 or 25 pt calibration I only get one blinking dot that recognizes the touch and keeps repeating.....despite this I am encouraged!!! It works - almost. If you have any further thoughts - I appreciate it. I thought I saw a post on this issue, and someone may have even e-mailed Hoda, but no reply that I am aware of, and I can't seem to find the post. Thanks again
  (#5) Old
macaroni

Default 12-22-2009, 01:39 AM

Anyone know of a place to get just a touch screen from the Hoda kit.....(yes, I broke it)
  (#6) Old

Default replacement TS - 12-22-2009, 03:45 AM

just email the hoda link at ebay. they are quick to respond and will send you another one fast from taiwan.

I've dealt with them a lot from the early days of TS on the eeePC. small company that is still responsive on customer issues.

sorry to hear about that breaking. that's easy to do, and the first 2 that were sent to me from deal extreme were already broken in the mail.
  (#7) Old
macaroni

Default Thanks - 12-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Thanks - you wouldn't happen to have a link handy? I can't seem to find it there on ebay....thanks again for the advice. Looking forward to finishing up - was almost there