Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Send a message via AIM to Riley1123d
Default headphone jack issue - 09-11-2009, 04:15 AM

Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but I did a search and didn't turn up anything..
I recieved my 10v today, and I love it so far (in fact i'm posting this on it).
This may be a stupid question, maybe i'm missing something.. but when I plug something into the headphone jack my sound doesn't transfer over to it. The sound still comes from the internal speakers.
I can kind of hear it make that little connect noise when I plug it in however, so I want to say that the contacts are good and it connects.. Do I have to press a button or something to make the headphones work?
If I want to use headphones on my desktop all I need to do is plug them in and the sound cuts out of the speakers and right into the headphones.
Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default 09-11-2009, 05:57 AM

Running windows or ubuntu? Sometimes on linux you have to enable the jack sensor under the audio mixer.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via AIM to Riley1123d
Default 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Running Windows XP
Sorry about that

EDIT
So I just tried it, and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Maybe all the computer needed was a restart? I got the popup telling me that something was plugged into the audio jack, that didn't happen last night. Hmm.. Interesting.