View Single Post
  (#13) Old

Default 03-15-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus View Post
not getting very far with this. the netbook installer won't even open. it just immidiately says it "unexpectedly quit". is there some difinitive version somewhere. this seems old or something. should I try 0.8.5?
still trying to do this and I can't even get past preparing the usb drive. It fails right at the end of copying it, or if it works the netbook maker "0.8.4 RC1" doesn't "automatically" recognize anything or it immediately crashes. When I finally got some version of it to work and it seemed like a mac OS started to boot on the mini it just froze and said "you need to turn off your computer" with lots of jargon and mess on screen. aren't any of these netbookmaker versions made to work with a fresh install from the 10.6.3 disk? I can't find any info in here on how it's done from 10.6.3. (yes it's a retail disc)

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus View Post
not getting very far with this. the netbook installer won't even open. it just immidiately says it "unexpectedly quit". is there some difinitive version somewhere. this seems old or something. should I try 0.8.5?
still trying to do this and I can't even get past preparing the usb drive. It fails right at the end of copying it, or if it works the netbook maker "0.8.4 RC1" doesn't "automatically" recognize anything or it immediately crashes. When I finally got some version of it to work and it seemed like a mac OS started to boot on the mini it just froze and said "you need to turn off your computer" with lots of jargon and mess on screen. aren't any of these netbookmaker versions made to work with a fresh install from the 10.6.3 disk? I can't find any info in here on how it's done from 10.6.3. (yes it's a retail disc)