View Single Post
  (#22) Old

Default 05-15-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
Tried it but seems to give alot of depandacies errors.
First i have an europian Dell Mini (netherlands) and the Product ID and Vendor ID are the same as in starting post.
Ran your script and this was the outcome:

(Removed for clarity's sake)

Rebooted, but turn bluetooth off is still grayed out.
The BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext does exist in the /Extra/Mini9Ext folder now with correct IDS.
Also it says: Bluetooth module with Vendor id 16700 and device id 688 added which seems to be incorrect.
I just tried to go to terminal and drag the script over, and it did the same thing with all the error messages. Rebooted, and no change. At least I didn't break the dell 9 by attempting this.

Added Info: I tried using the second zip file on page 2, still didn't work and it gave this message:

Last login: Thu May 14 23:38:07 on console
Hackbook9:~ Rich$ /Users/Rich/Downloads/bluetooth_patcher-1.sh
Unable to locate bluetooth module, using default vendor 16700
Unable to locate bluetooth module, using default device 688
Password:
sed: 1: "/System/Library/Extensi ...": invalid command code L
sed: 1: "/System/Library/Extensi ...": invalid command code L
------
Bluetooth module with Vendor id 16700 and device id 688 added
Please reboot for changes
Hackbook9:~ Rich$

Edit #2: I couldn't figure out how to restore using terminal, I couldn't find an option in DellEFI1.1 to regenerate the ktext cashe (or an option marked updateextra.) I'm sure it's there, but maybe it is called something else? I was also not sure which ktext file I needed to delete (Broadcom I would guess?)

Anyway, I could follow the DellEFI 1.1 install FAQ, but this is over my head. I'm using time machine to restore to a known good configuration, and I'll wait until I hear other people who get the on/off working on the Dell 9's bluetooth.

It's still great that people are working on the last few things that need fixing on this machine. (Bluetooth on/off, the Microphone jack are the only things I can think of that are left to get working on this machine.)