View Single Post
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistyTravster View Post
That sounds like an interesting project. You should post a new thread with pictures about it.

Yes. I bought a really cheap one USB 'n' wifi dongle and I plan to try it with the broadcom chip in my current motherboard, just out of curiosity to see if/how well it works. I'm still going to replace the motherboard, but I will try that first.
i dont have the panel yet it will take around 3 weeks to buy it, it costed around 5$ (no inport taxes)

i currently use a hdd cooler, so i might not need the spare panel, or the panel mod at all, (i dont use my mini all the time, so cant test hdd cooler efficiency)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistyTravster View Post
That sounds like an interesting project. You should post a new thread with pictures about it.

Yes. I bought a really cheap one USB 'n' wifi dongle and I plan to try it with the broadcom chip in my current motherboard, just out of curiosity to see if/how well it works. I'm still going to replace the motherboard, but I will try that first.
i dont have the panel yet it will take around 3 weeks to buy it, it costed around 5$ (no inport taxes)

i currently use a hdd cooler, so i might not need the spare panel, or the panel mod at all, will test its efficency in cooling.
---------------------
edit:
after 1.5 hours of cooling there is no feelable temperature change, normaly its get significally warmer
will leave my mini running for will keep it running for a few hours longer, to see if there is any more change.

the cooler cost around 10$ (no fan grill version)
fan grill version cost around 15$

you can get cheaper ones for 5$ from ebay, but i dont know if they are good, due them being mass produced and from a no-name brand
----------------------------
edit, today my 2nd panel came in the mail, will look at modding it in a few weeks, when my thermal pads i ordered today come in

dell mini 910
supertalent dual wide ssd 128GB
2GB ddr2 400mhz ram
Realtek RTL8188SU
(not the 3G version)
hdd cooler as extra cooling

Last edited by darknessblade; 02-24-2016 at 08:24 PM.