View Single Post
  (#14) Old

Default 01-10-2014, 03:06 AM

Yeah, I tried that right away. No luck.
I've been reading a lot on why I may be having the issue, trying to resolve it.
I went into services and made sure nothing was disabled that may be needed and rebooted. I went into Run>cmd and did a ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew.
Here's the error message I'm getting.
"An error occurred while renewing interface wireless network connection: unable to contact your DHCP server. No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has it's media disconnected."
I've looked at the driver for both the LAN and Wifi, both seem okay...they were the ones (I assume) from the factory after I did my reset. (I've never changed them in past)
When I do the cmd run, it does give me an IP for a short time. It starts w/ 169.254.xx.xx, which I read something about today. I guess the 169 beginning isn't quite legit? Not sure if I'm remembering that right. While that is there for about 10 mins, my icon says I have "limited or no connectivity." After that 10 mins, it goes back to 0.0.0.0 and begins to try to acquiring one again. BTW, we've never really had any issues w/ the router. It's from Verizon, and came with our internet/cable package. I don't think it's in that, but obv. has something to do w/ my reset.
Sorry to be such a pain. Thanks