View Single Post
  (#1) Old

Question Service Battery - Mac OS X 10.6.7 on Dell Mini 9 - 03-24-2011, 01:12 AM

I searched the forums and found a few threads mentioning re-installing NetbookInstaller and reseting the file permissions to fix the "Service Battery" message under the battery icon in Mac OS X, but they didn't really give much information on this problem.

Is this something new that is happening again after upgrading to 10.6.7 on a Dell Mini 9 or has it been a problem with all version of Snow Leopard? Can it be fixed easily?

I haven't reset my file permissions before, so I am not sure how to do that without messing something up. Will that solve the problem? How would I go about doing that?

I also read that I should regenerate the "DSDT.aml" file, but I don't really want to do that, since I modified it last night after upgrading to 10.6.7. I modified it to fix the sound and microphone using the "Bundle for fixing Mini 9 Sound & Mic" instructions.

Anyone else having this "Service Battery" problem or does anyone know how to solve it? It isn't that big of a deal, but I would like to fix it if I can.

www.DreamStation.cc
Your video game destination....