View Single Post
  (#286) Old

Default 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Ok, an update on my status:

I've finally managed to get the image of SL on my external HDD...don't know why this took so long, but it's finally working. According to windows, it's formatted GUID/NFTS(?). I have the NBI image on a USB drive, following instructions from another guide about installing it on a Mini 10v...so I might be going wrong here...

Anyways, I plug the USB and the HDD into my 1012, press F12 to boot from the USB, and I get the following:

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.19 (08/10/09)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found

I have a feeling not having access to a Mac is going to make this extremely difficult. :-\

EDIT: The college I graduated from and now live down the street from has a Mac Lab. Assuming my ID/Password still works, I could use one of their Macs. Now does anyone know if you can access the Mac Disk Utlity without admin rights?

EDIT2: Crap, just re-read the instructions on page 18, and it looks like after a certain step, you'll be prompted for the Mac's admin password. So from what I'm gathering here...I'm screwed? There's going to be no way for me to install SL on my 1012 without a Mac?

I also noticed that the USB drive I'm creating isnt being recognized when I'm booting up. Following mechdrew's guide, I have a USB stick with NBI_083F.img on it. When I go to boot and select this drive, it's not listed...USB stick is formatted to GUID/NFTS and has the image on it. What am I doing wrong now?

Ready to tear my hair out that this point.

Last edited by professorstotch; 09-03-2010 at 03:27 PM.