View Single Post
  (#16) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 01-15-2014, 10:55 AM

I disagree, I find static IP's to be very effective If you have a properly administered network, if you have kids or ever do you will understand, I decided to use static IP's for that very reason, I now have TOTAL control of my network, within my router I can set who/what has internet access and for how long, in my case for my kids laptops/phones etc. I have it set so that the internet access is turned off @ midnight and does not enable access until 9am, this way my kids cant stay on the internet all night long and this can only be done providing that they have the exact same IP address every time (Static IP's)..,the other equipment on my network such as my laptops, servers and iPad have total access all the time (no the kids cant access them because of password protection and power on password protection).. and my router is password protected also..with dynamic Ip's you get assigned the next available IP address and virtually have no control over it

PS I also have my printers protected so that they cant waste all my ink on stupid printouts...kids tend to want a printout of EVERYTHING

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

Last edited by rrfranczak3; 01-15-2014 at 10:58 AM.