View Single Post
  (#9) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 10-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
I do not know how you would currently do this, but in the future there will hopefully be "revamped" methods using something similar to NetbookCD but on a (1) USB bootkey method and (2) USB key method for Windows.

These would involved restoring the OSX DVD to a USB using Transmac and using the NetbookCD (or NetbookUSB for Windows) as a bootloader and it will be similar to the NetbookBootMaker method for the Mac.
This is actually an ongoing project of mine (the USB boot key) ever since I wrote my first guide for setting up a USB boot drive from Windows (with the old DellEFI methods.) NetbookCD came as a learning opportunity to help me not only update the boot CD methods, but to learn how Chameleon actually works. It really won't be that hard to make a Chameleon boot image for USB in a similar fashion. However, simply copying the contents of NetbookCD won't accomplish that, there is a file that needs changed and a few tweaks are necessary. But just so you know, that's what I'm looking into next.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter