View Single Post
  (#33) Old

Default 05-10-2014, 11:44 PM

Firstly, thanks to Zeitung for the excellent guide. Thought I'd try OS X after support for Win XP ended and it is so much faster - should have done this years ago.

Followed the guide to the letter (the revised guide on page 2 with the new kernel) and now have 10.6.8 installed. Everything works, however I have a slightly annoying problem. About half the time, when it boots into OS X, the keyboard and trackpad don't work. I know the system hasn't frozen because when I press the power button the shutdown/sleep/rest dialog box opens, but I can't click on anything.

It never does this in recovery mode.

I've tried running UpdateExtra and fixing permissions, but that doesn't seem to help.

Wake on USB and USB Legacy are both Disabled in the BIOS, as recommended. My machine has the 16Gb STEC and I upgraded it to 2gb RAM back when I bought it.

This seemed to start just after I did the sound fix. Coincidence? Is it possible to reverse the sound fix by putting the original files back and re-running UpdateExtra?

P.S. I stupidly installed OS X with Bluetooth toggled off in Windows. Was able to get bluetooth working by booting into the Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10 live CD and toggling bluetooth from there (off and then back on).

P.P.S. CPU shows up as 'Core 2 Solo' in 'About this Mac'. Is that normal?

Last edited by BehindBlueEyes; 05-11-2014 at 09:34 AM.