View Single Post
  (#6) Old

Default 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
NOP,

I've recently upgraded my 1010 to the 2GB card after sitting in my closet for a few years (after buy the iPad I never used it). It was fairly easy and there are a few guides posted that have step-by-step instructions.

Here's my feedback.

-Paid $63 for the card from eBay
-It required small modifications (unless I got the wrong one lol). There are 4 screws on the original 1GB card, on the 2GB card, there are four but they don't align because of the shape of the new card. You can get 3 in with some patience.
-You will also need to modify the original heat shield as the new part didn't come with one. You will need to bend the end of it and make it straight.

It booted perfectly and Windows confirmed the 2GB after install.

I have tried about 5 different OSes on it, including Ubuntu, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows 7, Chomium OS, and even Android. Windows 7 32-bit seems to work best in my experience.

I now have Windows 7 32-bit, Office 2013 and Chrome and it runs like I had always hoped when I bought it lol. I am posting from it right now and I can't seem to put it down since the upgrade (my ipad 2 is now the one in the closet).

Only complaint I have now is the stupid multi-touch trackpad. I need to disabled the tap to click but can't find the control software, I'm sure it is posted here somewhere.

Wich version of Chromium did you used?
Did you had the kernel panic problem?