For Sale The place to buy or sell Dell Minis and related parts.

(#1) Old
Default Custom Mini 9 w RunCore 64GB Pro IV SSD, 2gb RAM, Webcam - 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM

***NOTE: Per forum rules this machine is NOT being sold with OSX on it. I will deliver this with either a wiped harddrive or a fresh install of Ubuntu. The skin on this machine is for looks only and is not indicative of the operating system.***

As painful as this is (this is probably one of my favorite pet project machines ever) I'm ready to sell my custom Dell Mini 9. My work provides me with a laptop and I could really use a tablet to noodle on (I'm a UI designer).

I purchased this on 9/21/2009 and immediately installed a blazing fast RunCore 64GB Pro IV SSD (fastest SSD made for the Mini 9) and added 2GB of memory to it. This machine really flies. I have used it regularly for travel and portable computing. As a graphic designer I frequently run photoshop, illustrator, and indesign on it attached to an external monitor with great success. In short, its a pretty potent little netbook.

Given my love for Macs and having a desire to make it 'fit' in with my other machines, I went to great lengths to create a really cool skin for this machine. I purchased a faux leather adhesive skin designed for a MacBook so that it had an Apple cutout in the exact shape and size of regular macs. Before putting the adhesive leather skin on the machine, I put a 3M orange reflective piece of material on it so that you get this really slick, recessed apple logo look. This is WAY better then the cheap look of an apple sticker being slapped on the machine face. The fact that you can feel the logo recessed into the machine and that you have this professional leather finish with a shiny/reflective logo gives it an awesome look. I was running this before the 11.6 Airs came out and would get asked all the time what in the world my machine was. My only warning is, be prepared to be asked about this when you are running it in coffee shops.

There are no problems with this machine- has run as smooth as the day I set it up- very reliable. It comes with the factory charger, a slick Case Logic Netbook case, and bluetooth adapter nub

I am asking for $300 shipped to anywhere in the continental US. I'd like to do this all through Paypal. Once money is received, I will ship. Positive feedback is available on my ebay username 'azbrassman'.

Let me know if you have any questions!

 Mini 9 | 64 GB RunCore Pro IV SDD | 2Gb Crucial RAM | OSX 10.5.8 | NBI .8.2 | BIOS A05 | No BlueTooth
 Mac Pro 1,1 | 128 GB Kingston V-Series SDD (startup) | 4Gb RAM | OSX 10.6.2

Last edited by sonatacreative; 08-04-2011 at 02:07 AM.

« 64 GB Runcore Pro IV PATA 50mm SSD for Mini 9 | Dell Mini 9 - 64gb Runcore SSD, 2GB Ram, Bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam, Apple Airport N »