For Sale The place to buy or sell Dell Minis and related parts.

(#1) Old
Default SOLD. (don't know how to change the prefix :L ) - 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Hi everyone, need to sell the 10v since I'm getting a new netbook.

It was bought in August 09 new from for 253 (a 20 discount from 273) and has done me well ever since. I haven't changed anything hardware wise, although I have opened it twice (once to take out the SSD to install Crunchbang, the other to diagnose the headphone jack issue). It came with the original 8GB 2.5" SATA SSD, default 1GB of memory, the Dell Wireless 1510 card (Broadcom half-size MiniPCIe 802.11a/b/g/n) and the Product(RED) back cover. It also has the 6-cell battery, but Ubuntu says it can only hold 33.3WHr out of the original 57.7WHr.

I still have the box and charger, maybe have the Dell Ubuntu CD (slightly pointless though) and it currently works fine with Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Netbook Remix.

If you want, I'll post pictures of it in its current state. I also have two pictures of the internals from when I had to diagnose the headphone issue.

The headphone jack has been pushed into the case and no longer works. It may be fixable, but I did not think it would be worthwhile since the microphone jack cannot be swapped with it.

Dell Mini 10v | Product (RED) | Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix | 8GB Samsung MLC SSD | 1510 Wireless a/b/g/n Mini-Card | 6 Cell Battery | 1024x600 | UK Keyboard
Dell Streak | Black | Android 2.2 DJSteve 1.4.6 | 16GB Standard MicroSDHC | GiffGaff

Last edited by MarkProvanP; 01-30-2011 at 10:30 PM.

« Mini 10v (1011) Mint Virtually Unused Alpine White 8GB SSD 2GB Ram London UK | Ubuntu Branded USB »