News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#11) Old

Default Re: Invasion of the Netbooks - 11-21-2008, 02:14 AM

I am sure people are like me, In the since that small devices like this are some of the best ideas. I mean its cool to have a 17 inch power house laptop but really how does it fell lugging that beast around. I Bought a M1210 because it was the smallest laptop dell had and extreamly powerful. When I saw the asus I wanted one but not for the price. So dell came out with there at a good cost and I grabbed a hold of it. After being on it i never use my M1210. infact i use my M1210 to process things the mini can't and just stream them to the mini such as games like crysis. Desktops are nice but who wants to be stuck in one place. Desktops for me now days are for servers/gaming/media centers. All the other business i use this mini for.

XPS M1210 Owner
Mini 9 Owner
Dell Inspiron 530 Media Center
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Invasion of the Netbooks - 11-25-2008, 03:10 PM

I bought mine as a replacement for a Palm Tungsten T2. It is bigger, but I carried a folding keyboard for the Palm along with it in a case that is about the size of the mini. Now I carry the mini in an STM bag and I can type easily and also connect through WIFI. It does more and is more versatile all around. I still keep an IBM Thinkpad T42 for photo editing (Photoshop CS3), but the mini is a perfect compliment.

Obsidian Mini9 - Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 (Full version) with Cairo Dock, 16GB Runcore SSD, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDHC Class 6, Bluetooth (dongle), Burl Walnut skin

« New Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Colours Available in the US | Vodafone to sell $0 Dell netbooks - Australia »