Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-18-2008, 08:03 AM

Would be cool with that black vostro9 palmrest

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330
  (#12) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frychiko
and... it's available on Dell Japan website right now, both the colors and the 32GB SSD are options.
Indeed it's available here in Japan and they charge additional $30 just for those colors ($15 additional for black). When I ordered the color had no price impact... :? But it's already cheaper with twice the SSD capacity than when I got it 1.5 months ago
  (#13) Old

Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Hi ya Ralphy. I see you are in Tokyo too. I tried my best to find out some part numbers on that new 32 today so that I could purchase it separately however, dead ended.

Do you have any idea of what it would be? If not and you just ordered one could you pop off the back and let me know please.

Thanks.

I don't care the price, I just want to buy that same drive. Thanks
  (#14) Old

Send a message via AIM to CMcCane
Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM

STEC 32GB drives would be a great upgrade. Wonder if we can order them elsewhere soon?

Dell Mini 9 (Wife) Running - Obsidian Black, 8GB SSD, 1GB Ram, 0.3MP Webcam, TinyXP Rev09
Dell Mini 9 (Mine) Running - Obsidian Black, 16GB SSD, 1GB Ram, 1.3MP Webcam, OSX 10.5.5
  (#15) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix.stu
Hi ya Ralphy. I see you are in Tokyo too. I tried my best to find out some part numbers on that new 32 today so that I could purchase it separately however, dead ended.

Do you have any idea of what it would be? If not and you just ordered one could you pop off the back and let me know please.

Thanks.

Hello phoenix.stu, yep in Tokyo, living one station from Akihabara (little famous electronics / manga / anime district - info for the 'non-Japanese' ). I have a black one with 16 GB SSD since over 1.5 months now, not considering to order a new one for now. But I am certainly also interested in a fast bigger SSD. I might bring a screwdriver to Yodobashi (quite big electronics mart) or one of the Dell shops around here to check the 32 GB SSD part number
  (#16) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-19-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix.stu

Thanks.

Hello phoenix.stu, yep in Tokyo, living one station from Akihabara (little famous electronics / manga / anime district - info for the 'non-Japanese' ). I have a black one with 16 GB SSD since over 1.5 months now, not considering to order a new one for now. But I am certainly also interested in a fast bigger SSD. I might bring a screwdriver to Yodobashi (quite big electronics mart) or one of the Dell shops around here to check the 32 GB SSD part number
Yeah, I love akihabara. Quite a fun place. Well maybe you can find out more information than I did. From a previous thread I was told to use these SKU numbers
Red Lid for Dell Mini 9
SKU- 330-3147

32gb SDD
SKU - 341-8510

I just spent the last couple of hours on the phone with Dell's CHINA call center. Cant get a number for here in Japan. Anyhow. I was told by several people that it was not possible to buy "ANY" parts from Dell Japan? WTF. So what if my computer breaks and I need to order parts. Now waiting on a call back.

If you have any further info that could help please let me know. Thanks.
  (#17) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-19-2008, 06:10 AM

I'm seein the 32 is $40 usd cheaper than the 16. I'm sorry I bought this one and that I'm not Japanese.

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330
  (#18) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM

I too am sorry that I got mine just a week ago and now they have the 32. I live in Japan but I am not Japanese. I just installed an english XP as soon as I got it.

I do believe that the reason that the 16gb is $40 more expensive is that the 16 comes with an additional 120gb external HD. Which is what they gave me with my 16gb mini.

I still am quite peeved that I cannot get a clear answer of where to buy the extra parts from Dell. ARGH.
  (#19) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 12-19-2008, 04:18 AM

Hey Ralphy & phoenix.stu. I'm also in Japan (down in Kyoto). Is this deal only in Akihabara or expired? The Dell Japan Mini 9 site (http://www1.jp.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=ja&s=dhs) does not list any 32GB option that I can find (although the red/pink cases seem to be free now).
  (#20) Old

Default Re: 32GB in Pink and Red in Japan - 12-19-2008, 12:42 PM

No, the 32GB was available anywhere and wasn't a limited special. That's strange I don't see it today too... I just checked out Kakaku.com and some people have been complaining about this.. some people who have ordered the 32GB SSD have recieved phone calls to be told that they got a 16GB instead because there was a problem with the 32GB one.

The ubuntu version still has the 32GB option:
http://configure.apj.dell.com/dellstore ... asic&s=dhs

Kakaku.com thread:
http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/0020X117423/

Netbooked - Netbook News / Reviews

« Dell Mini 10 officially appears on Dells website | Wired: The Netbook Effect »