News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#21) Old

Default Re: My Ice Blue Mini 12 - 05-04-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kancept
The mini9's have this color as an option now?? If so, anyone have a part number for the top case to swap off?
Indeed, I'd like to replace the white cover on my Mini 9 with something of this color.

Sold my Mini 9 for a larger netbook, one that's easier on my wrists and hands.
Current Machine: 2010 MacBook Pro 13", 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro x64/OS X 10.6.3

And I play with my girlfriend's Mini 10v ^_^.

Interested in using MATLAB on the Mini 10v? Check out my benchmarks!
  (#22) Old

Default Re: My Ice Blue Mini 12 - 05-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kancept
The mini9's have this color as an option now?? If so, anyone have a part number for the top case to swap off?
If you order the Mini 9 from Dell through their employee discount plan, you get the additional color choices of Ice Blue (that was pictured) and Jade Green. I have no idea why those colors are only offered that way though. <shrug>
  (#23) Old

Default Re: My Ice Blue Mini 12 - 05-05-2009, 06:47 PM

I just got my Mini 9 at a great price but once I had it I started on the upgrade path. I bought an external 500 WD Passport drive for data, a 1 gb ram, and ordered a 32 gb STEC SSD to move it to Win XP or 7. However, after playing with...don't get me wrong I think it is one cool palmtop, I had the size blues. I started looking at getting a Mini 12. That's when I received a shock...soldered in non-expandable ram, a HD ???? with no SSD option ? So I looked at the 10 and it was the same thing. The 10 and 12 are the same and the 9 is totally different. So same father (Dell) and 2 different mothers ? Usually Dell keeps the platform similar throughout the family. What happened here ? Guess they were in too much of a rush to join the under 13 crowd. No offense to the 10 and 12 owners but the mini line was supposed to promote SSD or SSD\HD in a lightweight form factor. I am the kind that likes to upgrade and improve and I hate being painted in a corner. So I am going to keep my 9 and keep looking and hoping for the laptop of my dreams. I looked at the Vostro A90 and other 13" sub laptops but so far I haven't seen anything that suits my needs.
  (#24) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Bock View Post
I just got my Mini 9 at a great price but once I had it I started on the upgrade path. I bought an external 500 WD Passport drive for data, a 1 gb ram, and ordered a 32 gb STEC SSD to move it to Win XP or 7. However, after playing with...don't get me wrong I think it is one cool palmtop, I had the size blues. I started looking at getting a Mini 12. That's when I received a shock...soldered in non-expandable ram, a HD ???? with no SSD option ? So I looked at the 10 and it was the same thing. The 10 and 12 are the same and the 9 is totally different. So same father (Dell) and 2 different mothers ? Usually Dell keeps the platform similar throughout the family. What happened here ? Guess they were in too much of a rush to join the under 13 crowd. No offense to the 10 and 12 owners but the mini line was supposed to promote SSD or SSD\HD in a lightweight form factor. I am the kind that likes to upgrade and improve and I hate being painted in a corner. So I am going to keep my 9 and keep looking and hoping for the laptop of my dreams. I looked at the Vostro A90 and other 13" sub laptops but so far I haven't seen anything that suits my needs.
mini10v

« Wanted: Your Feedback on Future Dell Mini Netbooks | Updated Microsoft comments on SSD optimizations in Windows 7 »