News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Administrator

Default Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-18-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
A smaller version of Dell’s swish Adamo designer laptop could be in the works, according to one of the firm’s own support documents.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/18/9in_adamo/

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM

I'm betting this will be obsolete by this time I get half the money saved up, the 13" still has me in sticker shock.
by the way,murfy++ beat you to the punch.

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel Atom processor 330
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle
by the way,murfy++ beat you to the punch.
AHEM.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-20-2009, 07:14 PM

I think that would be pretty exciting, hopefully it will be like a sexier version of the mini 9. I think it would be good to have an over the top classy looking netbook
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrdGenetics
I think it would be good to have an over the top classy looking netbook
It wouldn't be a netbook at that point; it would be an ultraportable. If you pay $1,500 for a 9' laptop, you have ventured far, far outside of netbook land.
  (#6) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-22-2009, 04:27 AM

I'd rather keep the looks of the Mini 9, just make it slimmer. Besides, why do we need to make it cost hundreds more just for looks? That would basically double the price of an already nice looking netbook! That's what they did with the original Adamo, they made it horrendously expensive for something that even Apple can produce with more power at less than half the cost!

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#7) Old

Default Re: Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works - 03-25-2009, 04:57 PM

I think my Mini9 looks fine as it is. A larger keyboard with proper function keys would be nice, but not at the expense of larger overall dimensions and weight.

Personal electronic doodads are an expensive form of jewelry for many people. People are obsessed with looks. Check out the Apple products (iPhone, iPods). I have worked for managers who needed that $2,000+ laptop to bring to meetings, nevermind that the bottom line could have been accomplished with one costing less than half that. Classy is what you buy for others to admire; utility is what you buy to get the job done (to a point... I'm guilty: as long as the thing isn't downright ugly).

Mini9, Obsidian, 1.3Mp, 1Gb, 32Gb SSD, 8Gb SDHC, Bluetooth, Ibex 8.10

« Dell Mini as an Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter | Apple touch-screen netbook in Q3? »