News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#21) Old

Default Re: Apple touch-screen netbook in Q3? - 03-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMission
I already have leopard retail from my iMac upgrade, so it's even cheaper! Nothing price to function gets close to a mini 9 hackintosh for me... 350 or so for a fully functioning minimac... now that's a steal.
I got a previously built new with 64gb ssd and 2gb of ram for 350.. Considering I bought my Mac Pro 2 months before Leopard was released I already had a retail copy of Leopard laying around... I haven't upgraded to the runcore because so far the Dell SSD seems to be doing well for me... I don't carry my MBP anymore outside of photo shoot assignments as editing on the mini screen bugs me... However for everything else the mini is the perfect apple netbook in my opinion...

Unless Apple comes out with a netbook that is as proportionate to the Iphone for under a 1000 (which I doubt), I'm very happy with my Mini.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/g ... c5d9_o.jpg[/quote]

That rendering has been around the web for 2+ years... No way thats the finished product... However if it is, Unless Dell comes out with a Mini 9 Tablet, then I might consider it... The one thing that bugs me about my mini and not really an issue but requires me to contemplate getting a kindle is I want the screen to flip like a tablet so I can read books on it.
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Apple touch-screen netbook in Q3? - 03-27-2009, 06:11 AM

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.5.7 | 2 GB RAM | RunCore 64
BIOS A05 | 16 GB SD | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | BT |DellEFI 1.2a5 | 1.3mp WC

« Dell document suggests 9-inch Adamo in the works | How To SSD Upgrade @ ZDNet »