News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#11) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPN
I ordered one last night from Dell Outlet, with BT, 1 GB ram, 16 GB SSD, black...no camera.

It says a ship date of 11/6/08, so the shipping isn't quite as fast as I'd hope it would be...

DPN
I may change my forum name from Jazz1 to "Constant Whiner". Having read the ship date on the outlet purchase I guess I will just stay the course with my original delayed order as it is only a few days off. I don't want to go through the refund credit hassle that would have to occur given Dell's customer service record. Of course at least the outlet units actually exist. My pre-order is probably half built on some conveyor belt somewhere in Asia. My daughter tells me these constant Dell delays and poor customer service is a sign from God that I should not stray from Apple :lol:

You should explain to your daughter that if dell had taken 1800 dollars of my money I would be little more irked if it took 40 days to get it. Since it is 400 dollars it is a little harder to compare them on face value.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 05:24 PM

I just ordered one. After selecting a specific System Identifier, I find no mention of it on the order documents. The description matches, though. The estimated ship date is either 10/28 or 11/07 depending where I look. Seems like quite a delay for an item that is supposed to be "PRE-BUILT, NEW EQUIPMENT"

I'm curious about the description of the basic item. It states: "Base, No Bios, N270, 1.6, 512K Diamondville, 910"
No Bios? Diamondville? Never saw a PC with no Bios.

Regards. . . . Photon
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM

I got mine in under two weeks from ordering it, and I'm extreamly happy with it. Ok, the apostrophy placement still kind of pisses me off a little... but other than that, I'm good. Screw MS and Apple. Ubuntu Linux FTW! :lol:

Alpine White, 1Mb, 16Gb SSD, 1.3Mp webcam, Stock Mini Ubuntu. (Oh yeah, and bluetooth)
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 05:50 PM

I cancelled my order last night (originally placed 9/13, delayed 3 times, latest est. ship date 11/10) and ordered an identical sytem from the Dell Outlet for less $$. It has already shipped; should be here Monday.
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, what's up with the 2 ship dates? Mine says 11/06 but another place says 10/27?

DPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon
I just ordered one. After selecting a specific System Identifier, I find no mention of it on the order documents. The description matches, though. The estimated ship date is either 10/28 or 11/07 depending where I look. Seems like quite a delay for an item that is supposed to be "PRE-BUILT, NEW EQUIPMENT"

I'm curious about the description of the basic item. It states: "Base, No Bios, N270, 1.6, 512K Diamondville, 910"
No Bios? Diamondville? Never saw a PC with no Bios.

Regards. . . . Photon
  (#16) Old

Default Great call! - 10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

I slipped in and did the same thing, cancelled my order that was expected to ship on 11/03/2008 and bought the same config from the outlet, saving $100 in the process! At first the order confirmation said shipping would be 11/07/2008 :evil: but the actual status shows 10/28 ship date, much better...
  (#17) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Ordered earlier today: "The estimated ship date is either 10/28 or 11/07 depending where I look."

Two hours after my order, the status is changed to "SHIPPED."
  (#18) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-24-2008, 03:08 AM

Do we know if Dell UK will follow suit? I've just checked in their outlet and no minis yet.
  (#19) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-24-2008, 03:02 PM

I ordered my Mini from the outlet yesterday. Better specs than what I would have gotten through the regular website, and cheaper. It's scheduled for delivery today, and while I'm really excited to have it coming, I think Dell blew it big time in the customer service department.

My husband ordered one for the IT department at his university, and has had nothing but delay after delay. He sent Dell a bit of a nastygram today regarding the availability of systems in the outlet. I can't understand why they wouldn't use those systems to fulfill existing orders. It's not like they are so customized that specs couldn't be matched to existing orders.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, since I'll be customizing my system by the end of the work day, but I can certainly understand the frustration of those who have been waiting weeks for their systems to ship.
  (#20) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Now Available from Dell Outlet - 10-24-2008, 04:16 PM

Can someone tell me what this is? It shows up in the list of specs on the Dell Outlet Mini I bought...

1 M642H Module,Media,Digital Video Disk Drive,Resource Dvd,910

Thanks,

DPN

« Dell Mini 9 Vodafone Configuration Dissected | Dell Inspiron Mini 12 Specs »