News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Post Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-25-2008, 09:51 AM

[news-img:2u3ipfqp]http://www.mydellmini.com/images/news/ubuntu_logo.jpg[/news-img:2u3ipfqp]Dell have just updated their website to add an Ubuntu model for their European consumers.

The unit has the same spec as the existing european model, except its has pre-installed Ubuntu 8.04 with a downgraded 8gb SSD, and the 1.3mp webcam now comes as an optional upgrade from a 0.3mp. The whole units clocks it at £269/€349 delivered. The Windows XP Home model remains untouched, except being moved into a customisable cart - with no customisable options other than warranty.

Both models are still explicitly only available in black, so we must wait more for the exciting new colour ranges!

Check out the Dell European Models.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM

Hmm £20 less then the Windows XP version yet it has half the disk space and no xp license, can the cost of both of these things put together be less then £20????

Bit of a rip off imo, its more cost effective to just buy the 16GB and then install Ubuntu
  (#3) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-25-2008, 01:56 PM

*cough* you mean £30 *cough*

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-25-2008, 02:39 PM

whoops oh yea, still thou, its expensive.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-27-2008, 02:22 PM

I hope Dell or someone makes the ISO available for download.

Obsidian Black Mini9 - XP Pro - 16gb SSD - 16gb SDHC - 2gb RAM - Bluetooth - 1.3 webcam
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 09-28-2008, 06:52 AM

What's the shipping date? I've still got 2 weeks before Dell is supposed to ship mine, and I ordered 3 weeks ago (I'm in the US).

Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1.3MP camera, Bluetooth, Ubuntu 8.10
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Ubuntu Version of Dell Inspiron Mini Released in Europe - 10-07-2008, 07:03 PM

1.3 Megapixel version removed - I ordered while it was an option and I soon got an email saying I had to downgrade to 0.3 megapixel or cancel my order.

By the way, amazon have 16 GB SD cards for £20 including postage & packing...

--
dell mini uk black/1gb ram/8gb ssd/16gb hcsd/ubuntu

« Integrated GPS Mod for Dell Mini | Dell Mini to get Discount for a Day »