News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#41) Old

Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM

There is always the chance that I will hold another lottery again in the near future. I would much rather you make reasonable posts and wait for the next lottery than make useless posts just to get involved in this one. Besides if you take the last route, it just might get you disqualified.
  (#42) Old

Send a message via MSN to slatergs
Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 09:59 PM

Where will this be posted to? Will it be on the front page?
  (#43) Old

Send a message via ICQ to kancept Send a message via AIM to kancept Send a message via Yahoo to kancept
Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Just posting for an entry... What I find funny is that I want to go back to Japan. What region are you in? I was up in Misawas-shi, Aomori-ken. I miss it so much...wishing I was there rather than stateside here. I miss Do-Shop Denkodo, where you could get things like the Buffalo USB thing...

I use a Dell Mini9 with OS X, 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, 802.11n Airport card, and IrDA.

My IrDA Mod...
  (#44) Old
Administrator

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM

This is not the lottery thread - which hasn't been started yet. You have not yet entered.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#45) Old

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 10:52 PM

Checking how many posts does this lurker have?

edit: Yea! I'm over.
  (#46) Old

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 10:58 PM

Great idea to reward those members that post valuable info. Other sites that do this tend to get alot of bogus posts. Glad to hear you are going to disqualify anyone caught doing that. Sadly, I just joined a few weeks back, and only have a few posts. Good luck to everyone else. Watch out next time. I plan to have enough posts for the one!

Dell Mini 9 White (A05 BIOS) - Interal Bluetooth - Windows 7 RC (7100) - 32 gb Super Talent (80/40) / 8 gig Sandisk II SD - 2 GB Corsair RAM, 3 Antenna Intel WiFi Link 5300 - Samsung 8X USB DVD +/- External - No WebCam - RunCore USB SSD Enclosure w/16 GB
  (#47) Old

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM

@Kancept - holmes4 is right, this is not the actual "lottery" thread. Sorry, keep out a closer eye later and try again.
Also, I live in Tokyo, the heart of the madness. Not sure of the shop you are talking about. However, I shop at Yodobashi and Bic Camera. You just can't beat their point card system. If you by 100bucks worth of goods you get 10dollars in points and so on. Basically 10%. It adds up . If I need more specific computer accessories then I go to Akihabara.

To everyone else, just a heads up. Right now it is morning in Japan. I will be posting the lottery this evening. I will not be giving you a certain time. Sorry, you will just have to keep an eye out. I will only leave the lottery open for an hour or so, if that. So, good luck to you. Next, if you click on the Forum link at the top you will see several categories, more specifically "main". Within "main" you will see 4 sub-categories. I will post in one of those categories. That's all the info you get for now.

Remember folks, I will be checking users with low post counts. So be careful not to cheat. Good luck to all.
  (#48) Old

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-20-2009, 11:42 PM

aw!! you should have said the user needed to register before a certain date.... but # posts?
  (#49) Old

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-21-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidyker
aw!! you should have said the user needed to register before a certain date.... but # posts?
A certain amount of posts and not just useless non productive posts means that you are a contributer to this community, thus entitling you to a prize.
  (#50) Old
Administrator

Default Re: MyDellMini Lottery "coming soon" - 01-21-2009, 12:29 AM

phoenix.stu, may I suggest that you take US timezones into account when you choose to open and close the thread? If the "hour or so" corresponds to 2AM for US posters, they may not get a chance. Of course, our friends in Europe might appreciate that...

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« More Dell Mini 10 Details surface | Dell Mini 10 Ad »