News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default New Dell Mini 1018 Launched Across Europe - 08-19-2010, 11:43 AM

A new Dell Mini has landed! Today, a new Dell Mini 10, by the model name of Dell Inspiron 1018 cropped up on the European Dell sites today.

The new Dell Mini 1018 appears to be a refresh of the current Dell Mini 1012 model. The body of the new Mini 1018 appears to be the exact same as the aforementioned 1012, with the overhang at back behind the screen hinge. Colourwise, the whole unit is now one colour and that's black, whereas previously the base was white and just the lid changed colour. Additionally I noticed in the featured photos, the track pad appears to have separate buttons as opposed to them being integrated; this was something that many people complained about when reviewing the 1012 and Dell themselves stated they would rectify in some way, maybe the 1018 is that.

On the inside, things are looking pretty much the same. Sadly the CPU is still a single core, but its now an Intel Atom N455 instead of an Intel Atom N450, with the updated processor we now have DDR3 RAM support. Still the usual 1GB of RAM however, Windows 7 Starter and all the normal connectivity options. Also as with all Dell products in their infancy, there are very few configurations to purchase at the minute, with only the hard drive being upgraded. No HD screen option either but I am sure that will change.

As with all previous Dell Mini 10s the 1018 is very good value for money, on the Dell UK site the Inspiron 1018 costs £279 or £299, depending on if you want that bigger hard drive.

For now you can check out the Dell Mini 1018 at Dell UK and Dell Italy. No sign of this on the US site or anywhere else just yet!

Update: Official Direct2Dell Release

[via Notebook Italia]

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 08-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Note the change to DDR3 ram due to the N455 cpu.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old

Default 08-19-2010, 02:50 PM

Gallery pictures are still showing a touchpad with integrated buttons like the current 1012 model.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#4) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
Gallery pictures are still showing a touchpad with integrated buttons like the current 1012 model.
Yeah now I've looked across all the pictures there actually pictures of both. Dells product imaging team strikes again!

- The press release on the Direct2Dell blog states "touch pad with discrete buttons"

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#5) Old

Default 08-22-2010, 05:00 AM

WOW i saw this coming. Dell sent me an email a few months back with a photo of what looked like a mini 1012 with a black base.

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...take-look.html
  (#6) Old

Default Wow - 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM

Nice. Any word on if the processor is ever going to get an upgrade beyond 1.66 ghz?

Tags
dell mini 1018

« Dell Streak Pricing | Dell Mini 1018 Lands at MDM HQ! »