News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Streak Gets US Release Tomorrow - 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM

It looks like the agonising wait could be over. Just under 2 months since its Europe release, the Dell Streak should finally be releasing to the US tomorrow, July 28th.

How do we know this time? Is it some cryptic twitter message? Leaked docs or just a rumour? Nope, this is the first solid mention from Dell of a release, the recent Dell Streak sign up has recently ended, with the page now not accepting any more pre-sale sign ups and a message stating:

Quote:
Our Dell Streak pre-sale sign-up opportunity is no longer available. Please visit www.dell.com/streak tomorrow to purchase your Dell Streak.

So that's it, fellow humans across the pond, you will soon experience the Dell Streak in all it's massive shiny glory. It was just one day before it actually goes on sale, better late then never. Just be sure to keep the Dell Streak product page on auto-refresh.

Update, it appears the pre-sale sign up page is back to its old ways (and still open), with no more message about it being tomorrow. Could be a glitch either way.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM

About darn time, I was losing faith in Dell over a July release here in the US. I'm going to be peeled to their website tomorrow for sure!
  (#3) Old

Default 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Check your link - the pre-sale was just turned back on. Hoping it's a glitch.
  (#4) Old

Default 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM

I can save you some money on these smartphones for those of you in the states. My twitter page is offering a chance to win a $50 giftcard and you also get 10% off of said Dell Streak- same as this link Sign Up

Check out the twitter for the contest though. Just Retweet for a chance to win!

DellU - MA (DellU_MA) on Twitter

DellU MA Facebook Page-http://www.facebook.com/DellUniversityMA
DellU MA Twitter Page-http://twitter.com/DellU_MA
Contact AIM- DellMArep
  (#5) Old

Default 08-12-2010, 03:44 PM

I've just heard from someone in the USA that it's being released there tomorrow: Friday 13th August. He saw on another forum that I had one, and wondered how I'd got it; he didn't realise that they were released here first. He said that he's wanted one for some time.

Tags
dell streak, release

« Dell Streak US Release Dates and Pricing Announced | Dell Streak Android 2.1 Update Available! »