News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Streak Beta Units Appearing on eBay - 07-22-2010, 01:05 PM

The official Dell Streak Beta test, which was based in Austin, TX ended just a few days ago, and it's from my understanding that the beta testers are free to do anything with their Streak now the beta test period is over.

As a result, there are now a swarm of Dell Streaks appearing on eBay in the states, all unlocked, with 16GB microSDs and all working on both AT&T and T-Mobile networks. At the time of writing, prices are ranging from $385 - $600, so this could be your chance to grab a Dell Streak earlier than everyone else, and at a bargain price!

Also over here in the UK, it seems that a lot of early-adopters have come to terms with that O2 simply won't unlock any Dell Streaks that were originally brought through them at launch, and a lot of these are also appearing on eBay at some bargain prices.

Of course there are risks with buying things from eBay, so make sure you're on your guard as normal. Obviously none of the original beta units will have any standard warranty attached to them which could be a bit risky.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM

I'll pass. I actually know someone who has one and he cracked his.

« US Dell Streak Confirmed Shipping with Android 1.6 | Dell Silently Introduces 11-inch Inspiron M101z »