News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Streak Accessories Spied on Dell Website - 06-11-2010, 01:25 PM

The official Dell Streak accessories have started to appear on the Dell UK website. The official stock images aren't all up yet - actually I've just done a refresh and a couple have been updated - so don't quote me on that. There are currently 7 official Dell Streak accessories available on the site, ranging from £23.99 for the USB-to-AC plug up to £54.99 for the Home Dock Kit. Shipping dates for all of them appear to be 5-7days.
[br][/br]
The available products are as follows:
Some scary prices there I'm sure you'll agree! It looks like if you were to lose the entire charging kit for the Streak (lead and plug), it'll set you back nearly £50 ($70) to replace it.

The docking kits seem a bit pricey too., however they'll really transform the use of your Streak, The home docking alone with the HDMI and USB ports could allow your Streak to power your home cinema! It will be interesting to see what sort of things the USB ports can support, mice? keyboard? Yes please!

Update
Dell have now put up a fancy Streak accessories page with an entry for a "Form fit Wallet"; the prices have also changed to on this page, some of the dropped - but this change is not reflected at the individual product page.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 06-11-2010, 11:58 PM

All the accessories have photos now. See http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home...=dhs&cs=ukdhs1
  (#3) Old

Default 06-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Am I missing something?

The USB to 30pin Sync/Charge Cable is just the cable and costs £23.99
DELL Streak Accessories: 30pin/USB Cable - CN130 : Handhelds & Tablet PCs - Accessories | Dell UK

The International Travel kit is the USB to 30pin Sync/Charge Cable and power supply with 5 plug fittings for £23.99?
DELL Streak Accessories: Regional Plug Set Kit (UK, EUR, US, China, AUS plugs and Pouch) - CH120 : Handhelds & Tablet PCs - Accessories | Dell UK

So for my money I would buy the International Travel kit and get much for the same money. How the hell are Dell working out there prices?

And why oh why is the USB to 30pin Sync/Charge Cable so much. It ridiculous - just like the lacking descriptions and info on Dell's website.

Im still sitting on the fence until I see how things pan out which is a shame as from the 24th onwards I will be subject to the capped data tariffs on O2. Ideally I need to purchase the Streak before this date to get unlimited date tariff.......mmmmmm?!
  (#4) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM

Hi, and welcome to the forum

This weird pricing structure certainly seems to be the case, it's the same price to get the international charging kit with lead and plug as it is to get the lead on its own?!

It's crazy.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

Tags
accessories, dell streak

« Dell Streak Unboxing Video | Dell Mini 1012 with Broadcom HD Review »