News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default The Dell Streak has Landed! - 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

The Dell Streak has landed here in the UK today, I've got my very own already. I purchased mine from the Carphone Warehouse store in Guildford, I rang around and some stores could not definitely say the stock was coming in today - so check first if you're interested! The O2 store said the device they were selling was locked to O2, so I then went to the CPWH and they said the same thing, despite reports online and even sales support telling me an unlocked version was available. I can confirm the Streak is carrier locked to O2. The device does obviously work fine without a SIM card though, so all is not lost, actually all the tablet does when you insert a different SIM card is ask for an "unlock code", so unlocking certainly isn't impossible.

Initially I'm very impressed with the device. It's a solid build and the big glass display is amazingly clear and responsive to the touch. I'm new to Android but I'm finding it extremely easy to use and I'm finally getting what all the fuss is about! The three buttons on side are nice and responsive too, giving a subtle vibration to confirm your press.The UK version has a very nice panoramic wall paper across the three home "rooms", which is a nice touch.

In the box there was a lack of dock, so HDMI out is a no-go at the moment, it did come with a nice silky sleeve though.

Looks like I'm going to have a fun (albeit indoor) weekend, and on Monday I will get a full review of my first 48 hours with the device.

Check out my Dell Streak pictures thread for loads of pictures of it just out of the box. I'll have a video up soon too.

The Dell Streak can be purchased in the UK from either the Carphone Warehouse or O2 UK, either on contract or on its own.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

Tags
dell streak

« Solderless Touchscreen kit for Mini 9 | Dell Streak Unboxing Video »