News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default ZeroShock IV Case Review - 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM

It's been a while since I'd have a any Dell Mini related accessories to review, so I was more than happy to receive a 10 inch ZeroShock notebook sleeve from Gearzap.

This sleeve is focused on shock absorption and protection, a little different from any of the cases or sleeves I've used in the past, which effectively have been nothing more than laptop clothes compared to this!

The ZeroShock IV sleeve is designed for 10.1 - 10.2 inch netbooks, so bodes well for my Dell Mini 10 which fits comfortably inside with only a little sideways movement. Obviously this sleeve should be fine for any 10 inch netbook out there. The case itself extremely sturdy, it's designed to absorb shock in all directions. Inside, you can leave imprints with your finger just like a memory-foam mattress, I'm guessing this is what absorbs most of the impact if you were to drop it. There also is a strong rubber tubing around the outside edges which further absorb impact and ensures the case keeps it shape at all times.

The case features a double-zip design to close it and has a large pocket inside to keep cables and any small adaptors/dongles you might have. This case will definitely suit my needs as a stylish, rugged case for carrying my Mini 10 around.

Click the post title to see a photo shoot.

The ZeroShock IV Advanced Netbook case is available from Gearzap for £19.95.
Attached Thumbnails
SANY0004.JPG   SANY0012.JPG   SANY0001.JPG   SANY0008.JPG   SANY0005.JPG  

SANY0010.JPG   SANY0013.JPG  

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM

i got a 9 inch sleve for my Mini1010 This fits perfect with the 3cell batterie.

Starmanager
  (#3) Old

Default 3 cell or 6 cell battery - 04-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the review - looks like a very nice case (I'm thinking about one for my MBP!) - do you know if it'll fit the 6 cell battery for the Dell 1011 (10v) or just the 3 cell?

I am assuming they are different sized battery cells, but as I've just ordered a 6 cell 10v I was curious.

Thanks
  (#4) Old

Default 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM

Like every single one of these cases I have seen that is "made" for a netbook there is no room for a power supply. I understand the desire to make it thin, but just add an expandable pocket for the power supply. I will stick with my portable CD player case. It has the room, and a handle to boot.

« Leaked Dell Mini 5 flyer shows off familiar designs | Hacked Bluetooth Driver appears for Dell Mini 9 »