News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default And the winner is... - 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM

After just 4 days we got around 300 retweets (entries) to our competition!

The winner is @harveyofclapham. The winner has been notified and the prize shipped out very soon! Thanks to all who entered, if you'd still like a T-Style SSD, they are available in sizes 32GB - 128GB from MDD.

Due to the success of this competition, I can assure you there will be similar competitions in the future!

On a side note, apologies for the minor spout of downtime last night. I've been told it was a one-off.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Send a message via Skype™ to harveyofclapham
Default 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Many thanks to Dunhamzzz and all the admins & members, you're all lovely!

I'm over the moon. This sorta thing always happens to 'other people'.

A 128Gb runcore is zooming it's way over to the unsunny end of London shortly.

I'm filled with deep joy, and my mini 9 is about to be filled with bucketloads of SSD Gigs

Thanks again

Black Mini 9, 16Gb Runcore, 2Gb RAM, Win7 lite.
  (#3) Old

Default 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Congrats!

Dell Mini 9 White (A05 BIOS) - Interal Bluetooth - Windows 7 RC (7100) - 32 gb Super Talent (80/40) / 8 gig Sandisk II SD - 2 GB Corsair RAM, 3 Antenna Intel WiFi Link 5300 - Samsung 8X USB DVD +/- External - No WebCam - RunCore USB SSD Enclosure w/16 GB
  (#4) Old

Default 01-20-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyofclapham View Post
A 128Gb runcore is zooming it's way over to the unsunny end of London shortly.
This competition is a postage-based scam if I ever saw one. I live in Antartica and I entered... and now I know why I didn't win...

Only joking, congrats harveyofclapham and thanks to mydigitaldiscount for the prize.
  (#5) Old
Founder

Default 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty bacon View Post
This competition is a postage-based scam if I ever saw one. I live in Antartica and I entered... and now I know why I didn't win...

Only joking, congrats harveyofclapham and thanks to mydigitaldiscount for the prize.
Actually I still need your bank details for pre-verification-tax-postage-insurance fee

(#6) Old

Send a message via Skype™ to harveyofclapham
Default 01-20-2010, 05:37 PM

hehe,

Co-incidentally, just this morning a nice man from ghana sincerely offered to post me several million dollars in exchange for my bank details.

Black Mini 9, 16Gb Runcore, 2Gb RAM, Win7 lite.
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 01-21-2010, 06:06 AM

Congrats!! And looking forward to the future promotions and contests here at MDM Glad the first one was a success. Maybe we can look into others in the future that do not involve Twitter, as that only targets a certain demographic of our user-base.

I used to have a Twitter but got agitated and annoyed by different aspects... and I am sure others have similar situations or never had a Twitter account.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#8) Old

Default 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
Congrats!! And looking forward to the future promotions and contests here at MDM Glad the first one was a success. Maybe we can look into others in the future that do not involve Twitter, as that only targets a certain demographic of our user-base.

I used to have a Twitter but got agitated and annoyed by different aspects... and I am sure others have similar situations or never had a Twitter account.
hear, hear!

Dell Vostro A90
16gb ssd
2gb RAM
BT+ .3 webcam
Windows 7 Ultimate Final
32gb sdhc card (Oh Yeah!)
Logitech VX nano
  (#9) Old

Default 01-22-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post

Yep, no Twitter here either. So I never tried. :-( What about a Facebook page? Or like the first contest with a post here? Just some ideas. Thanks for running the contests however the enter process is.

Dell Mini 9 White (A05 BIOS) - Interal Bluetooth - Windows 7 RC (7100) - 32 gb Super Talent (80/40) / 8 gig Sandisk II SD - 2 GB Corsair RAM, 3 Antenna Intel WiFi Link 5300 - Samsung 8X USB DVD +/- External - No WebCam - RunCore USB SSD Enclosure w/16 GB
  (#10) Old
Founder

Default 01-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itprogrammer View Post
Yep, no Twitter here either. So I never tried. :-( What about a Facebook page? Or like the first contest with a post here? Just some ideas. Thanks for running the contests however the enter process is.
I feared that running it here would just get loads of uninterested people signing up to the site just to enter, at least with twitter, there's a distance between the community and people who are just in it for a freebie.

« Dell Mini 1012 is OUT! | Alienware to enter the Netbook Market with M11X »