News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Mini 1012 Picture Round Up - 01-19-2010, 11:56 AM

It looks like the New Dell Mini 10 has got itself into the hands of some of our members, and our budding amateur photographers have a taken host of lovely photographs for all to see.
Including some disassembly shots and evidence of how to do the elusive RAM upgrade.

From the pictures we can see the RAM upgrade simply requires removing the keyboard and then a cover with just a few screws, looks to be easier than the RAM upgrade in the 10v.

Another notable thing, is that Dell have opted for the same un-flush memory card reader, we can see from some pictures that SDHC cards and memory sticks do not sit flush with the Mini 10s design, this seems to be the norm now, only the original Mini 9 contained the handy spring-loaded flush card reader.

View the pictures in this thread. If you have a new Dell Mini 10, please do contribute! Any questions you may have about the overall design are bound to be answered.

Early adopters, you can get your own Mini 1012 from Dell!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool Waste of time & money right now - 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM

with the available upgrades or should I say the lack of, getting one now is just plain dumb...better off waiting until you can really spec one out..

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old

Default Soon! - 03-01-2010, 12:30 AM

I just ordered my Mini 1012 a few days ago and it is supposed to be in at the latest by friday . Im a college student that was looking for a nice netbook and this is what i decided on cause it is the most powerful for the money and i like the way it looks. I don't really need a TV Tuner or GPS to type up my papers or play farmville. ( i know im a loser...) But ya ill post some pics as soon as I get it. BTW its "Jade Green"... Im so excited!
~Sean~

Mini 1012 "Jade Green"
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic39522_1.gif

Tags
dell mini 1012

« Vote for Dell Mini 10v as 2009 Engadget "Netbook of the Year"! | Broadcom Crystal HD Accelerator Option Now Available »