News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#11) Old

Default 01-11-2010, 06:54 PM

wish they had an equivalent for the 10v
  (#12) Old

Default 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM

I had purchased a pair of the prior model batteries in mid December 2009 planning on giving them as xmas gifts. I knew at the time that they were out of stock but were expecting stock before xmas so I ponied up for 2nd day shipping and gambled that they got here on time. Well, I lost the bet, I thought! I received an email from MDD support after xmas stating that the batteries that I ordered were no longer available, and were being replaced by another manufacturers batteries. I was given the option of canceling the order, I declined and took my chances with the new, no track record, no forum feedback batteries, having been in the computer industry for over 40 years I am used to being a pioneer, also having dealt with MyDigitalDiscount since 2008 I knew if I had any problems they would be taken care of promptly. The new battery (yes, only one battery) arrived on Tuesday January 5th, I promptly called MDD, and the phone was quickly answered by Chris, (forgive me if I got the name wrong, it has been a rough year) he was extremely courteous, and highly knowledgeable, he apologized for my order being short and assured me another battery would ship out that afternoon. I asked him about the battery working with Mini9's running OSX, and the BIOS problem the previous battery had. He assured me that he had personally tested the new battery on a Mini9 running OSX and the newest BIOS and there was absolutely no problems! This was quite a refreshing change from the vendors out there that sell untested products, have phone menu tree hell and hire high school kids to provide tech support. There are Macintosh vendors out there that should start emulating MDD's high level of service. Over a week into 24/7 service with these batteries, I am completely satisfied by the product, and service provided by MDD, from the incredible RunCores, to the new batteries and the stellar service, I couldn't be more satisfied. My biggest vote for the batteries and the vendor is that I will be ordering at least two more batteries, probably more within a week.

-ND
  (#13) Old

Default ! - 01-15-2010, 02:50 AM

Just got mine, and it is charging.

I stuck it into a running OSX install...battery status immediately changed to reflect the amount of charge (and time remaining till charged? 6 hours).

I swapped it back out with the original battery and the battery status changed back...

It is charging now, but works great so far!
  (#14) Old

Default 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM

A number of customers have been asking whether or not the new battery is compatible with A06 and, after testing, we were happy to find that it does. If you're using the Better-Power batter and have been waiting to make the switch to A06, feel free to do so with confidence.

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#15) Old

Default 01-20-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDD Jeremy View Post
A number of customers have been asking whether or not the new battery is compatible with A06 and, after testing, we were happy to find that it does. If you're using the Better-Power batter and have been waiting to make the switch to A06, feel free to do so with confidence.
That is all I needed to hear. Thanks!

Dell Mini 9 White (A05 BIOS) - Interal Bluetooth - Windows 7 RC (7100) - 32 gb Super Talent (80/40) / 8 gig Sandisk II SD - 2 GB Corsair RAM, 3 Antenna Intel WiFi Link 5300 - Samsung 8X USB DVD +/- External - No WebCam - RunCore USB SSD Enclosure w/16 GB
  (#16) Old

Default 02-02-2010, 08:04 PM

The Better-Power 5200mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Vostro A90 Netbooks arrived we have shipped all backorders and now have active stock, they are available on eBay and MDD. If you have been waiting, make sure to place your order to be sure to receive one, while supplies last.

Click here to buy on eBay

Click here to buy on MDD

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.

Tags
8-cell, batteries, dell mini 9, vostro 190

« Alienware's M11x netbook gets a base price: $799 | Alienware M11x Reviewed and Loved »