News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-07-2008, 09:24 PM

[news-img:9tukmn50]http://www.mydellmini.com/images/news/soldout.jpg[/news-img:9tukmn50]Consumers in Australia may have to wait some time before they can place new orders for Dell Mini 9s. The official Dell site has had its 'build' button replaced with a polite notice stating: Due to popular demand, temporarily sold out.

Match this up with the shortages over in the states, and it looks like the only sure fire place to get hold of a Dell Mini is in Europe!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM

The Mini has also sold out in New Zealand. I knew I shouldn't have waited :evil: Hopefully they can get it in stock before I go overseas next month.

In hindsight, having a ö in your username when you own a netbook without a numpad wasn't such a bright idea...
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-07-2008, 10:32 PM

Check Ebay guys... Great deals on new minis are there and you can even get the squaretrade warranty for 3 years for about 50 bucks.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-08-2008, 07:57 AM

When the Australian mini comes back in stock in a weeks time, additional options such as a white lid will be made available for the Australian market.

No word on Linux yet - Dell Australia continually says there is not enough demand.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zöltuger
The Mini has also sold out in New Zealand. I knew I shouldn't have waited :evil: Hopefully they can get it in stock before I go overseas next month.
New Zealand is awesome. I wanted to move there when I visited in January, but I've got this whole business and family thing going on over here in New Jersey... maybe someday. What part are you in?
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-09-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp
New Zealand is awesome. I wanted to move there when I visited in January, but I've got this whole business and family thing going on over here in New Jersey... maybe someday. What part are you in?
Auckland
Not such an awesome country when you can't get your hands on a Mini 9 tho

In hindsight, having a ö in your username when you own a netbook without a numpad wasn't such a bright idea...
  (#7) Old

Send a message via AIM to jbloodwo
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-09-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Extraordinaire
When the Australian mini comes back in stock in a weeks time, additional options such as a white lid will be made available for the Australian market.

No word on Linux yet - Dell Australia continually says there is not enough demand.
That is just (insert word of your choice) stupid.

the image is built just select the image from the acronis server and ship the darn thing.... should not matter where in the world it is.

Dell vostro 1400
Dell Mini 9 8 gig ssd 1 gig ram .3mp cam
powerbook G4 ( needs to be refreshed still on 10.4)
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloodwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Extraordinaire

That is just (insert word of your choice) stupid.

the image is built just select the image from the acronis server and ship the darn thing.... should not matter where in the world it is.
Uh, well it kinda does, because I don't know of any other countries who also source their Dell hardware from the Malaysian factory and run Linux. I don't know details, but they are less enthusiastic about supporting it than they are in the US and Europe.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Given that only one configuration is available in Australia, and some buyers have reported receiving theirs in one or two days, Dell must have imported a whole lot in bulk but have now run out. My was shipped from Homebush, NSW via Australian Air Express whereas the last few configurable laptops I've bought all came through Toll from Malaysia.
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Sold Out in Australia - 10-10-2008, 08:51 PM

dell says "we have plenty of parts in stock" but its still backordered. WTF, high demand my ass. They are making me wait because I ordered mine with ubuntu.

« Dell Mini to get Discount for a Day | Dell Mini 12 Getting Closer »