News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Buy a Latitude, get a Mini 9 too! - 12-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Obviously Dell haven't got rid of all their stock yet!

Currently, it is possible to purchase a Latitude E5500 and for just $49 more, get a Dell Mini 9 as an "accessory". Great stuff just before Christmas!
The Mini 9 included is from Dells (PRODUCT) Red range, and comes with an 8GB SSD, Windows XP, Webcam, Bluetooth and all the trimmings.
The cheapest config at the moment is about $899, that's with massive discounts (over $500 according to the checkout page) so you could definitely purchase one, keep the Mini and sell the laptop for your money back.

The Latitude itself is not a bad setup. You get a 15.4 inch laptop, with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and other goodies as you see fit to add.

Visit the configuration page here.

It's almost a year on and still the Mini 9 is in circulation, one way or another. Thanks to A90Newbie for pointing this out.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM

I have a feeling that Dell has a bunch of these Mini 9s still in stock and they are using them as promos or making them seem like "limited time" to have more appeal. It kind of rushes people into a purchase when they hear that the item is "not in production" but is available for a "limited time" (kind of like buying a ShamWow or Snuggie... "BUY NOW and GET TWO!" )

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#3) Old

Default 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM

I noticed that while customizing my Mini 9 "accessory", the battery is a 6-cell. Funny thing is that searching for replacement batteries for my Mini 9 only turned up the 4-cell. :-(

Dell Mini 9 Alpine White | Leopard 10.6.2 | 8Gb STEC SSD | 2Gb RAM
  (#4) Old

Default 12-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Actually everyone preferred other models compared to the 9s

So I think they have some left in stock which they would like to get rid of one way or the other.

# Netbookfiles.com Your Netbook's Software and Driver Source!
  (#5) Old

Send a message via MSN to TallPaul86
Default 12-21-2009, 01:44 AM

I assume this offer is only available on the US Dell site? Tried looking for it on the Dell UK site but no joy :-(

« Love to the Latitude | Dell Mini 3i unboxed in China »