News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Mini 3i unboxed in China - 11-14-2009, 10:48 AM

Whoah, all I do is sleep for 8 hours and the powers that be decide to sneak the Dell Mini 3i into the world. The first generation of Dell smartphone is now available to the Chinese market and a keen blogger has posted some very tantalising pictures of it. Notably the phone comes with a stylus for the capacitive touchscreen, supposedly handy for writing in Chinese, and because of apparently lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack, a micro USB adaptor to allow the use of ones own headphones. Looks like they learnt from Apples mistake.

Click the title to see more pictures of the Dell Mini 3i.

In related news, the Washington Post reports that the Dell Mini 3i is about to d├ębut not only in China but in Brazil as well.
There is still no word on when the Android based smart phone will reach the US and/or Europe. Which I'm going to officially state as being "a shame" as I've been putting off buying an iPhone for an Android-based phone for quite a while now and with the recent murmurings of the internet (and my fanboyisim), the Dell Mini 3iX looks to be the phone for me.

[via Engadget]
Attached Thumbnails
dell-mini-3i-china-box-11-13-2009-j3-1258121842.jpg   dell-mini-3i-china-everything-11-13-2009-1258116163.jpg   dell-mini-3i-china-stylus-11-13-2009.jpg   42FBBEF31A4DA5E7E677F1556719E513.jpg   7A8498C30E586498A024B3FF26774A3B.jpg  

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member

Default 11-14-2009, 02:01 PM

You slept for 8 hours?

Lucky.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#3) Old

Location: I live in Hampton Roads, VA until August when I move to Germany.
Send a message via AIM to Chileno Send a message via Yahoo to Chileno Send a message via Skype™ to Chileno
Default 11-22-2009, 04:30 AM

That's so cool! Can't wait for it to hit the states.

My other half just recently got the new droid from verizon, and so far it's pretty impressive, I'm liking the Android OS and thinking about going that route whenever I finally decide to break my deep rooted commitment to my BlackBerrys

"Positive things happen to positive people."

"The only time you should ever find yourself looking down on somebody is when YOU are helping them up!"
  (#4) Old

Default 12-23-2009, 12:55 PM

what can I say... Been a very keen user of "smartphones" simce Nokia 7650 and Communicator.

To this day I think the 7650 would still hold up and being one of the best. The things I could do with the IR port was scary cool !

Ever since, I have had ZERO pleasure in using "smartphones".

I dont trust ANYONE except Apple. Light years ahead, even if not it pure conceptual raw processing terms.

And I dont like the design on this Dell. I looks seriously cheap and outdated.

Dont mean to offend anyone, just my personal taste...

The BlackMini 10v | 2GB | Seagate 320GB 7,200 rpm | A06 -> A04 (NBI 0.8.3 RC5) | OSX 10.6.2 | Voodoo Power Mini (w/ Sleep Stepping) | ******* My easy 10v trackpad and palm rest mod -> http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...tml#post127348

« Buy a Latitude, get a Mini 9 too! | Dell Release Chrome OS build for Mini 10v »