News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Netbook TV Tuner Success Rates Poll - 10-28-2009, 01:23 PM

I've just spent the morning really pushing it with my otherwise-wasted TV-Tuner option on my Dell Mini 10. Ever since I received it (and the aerial) I've never been able to pick up a single channel.

I know I'm certainly not the only one having problems and I have actually heard some testimonials of people getting it to work, mostly from the US.

Is it because of this I have setup a poll in our Dell Mini 10 section that asks the following question:

Does your netbook TV tuner actually work?
  • Works Perfectly!
  • Works to an extent but is unwatchable.
  • Doesn't pick up any channels what so ever.
  • Can't get it up and running (drivers, software etc)
Head on over to the TV Tuner Success Rates poll and post your experiences now!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 10-29-2009, 08:31 PM

My Tuner does work perfect with my Dell Mini 1010 with XP and W7 Ultimate. I live in Germany

Starmanager
  (#3) Old

Default 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM

I'm in the US and it works fine for me. Choppy at times but mostly pretty good. I can get 13 channels. BUT ... after 30 minutes to 2 hours it goes to blue screen. I have been working with Dell for 6 weeks to resolve the issue. I am on my last nerve.
  (#4) Old

Default 11-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Same as Tallahassee-Lassee, my Tuner works great when in range but BSODs after 1/2 hour or more. I hope a remedy shows up.
  (#5) Old

Default 11-17-2009, 11:54 PM

i bought a mini 10 with a tuner.. i returned the unit for other reasons. i hated the tuner. propping rabbit ears on the lid was annoying, no signal at ALL without the external antenae. and with all the streaming internet TV i coudnt find a reason why i bought the tuner in the first place. digital reception is not like analog.. if your signal is in the slightest bit weak you get nothing.. and the channels i did get were shopping netwrok, home grown church channels, and my local stations that are broadcast in HD and cannot be watched because of framerate drop.. totally useless.. unless your actually pluggin into a wall unit its a bomb.. i wish i had two more arms to give that thing four thumbs down..

« Recovering from OS X 10.6.2 | Google Chrome OS Revealed »