News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default ZoomText Screen Magnifier for Netbooks - 10-22-2009, 02:59 PM

If you love the portability and flexibility of your Netbook but sometimes struggle to see the small screen then ZoomText Express is for you.
ZoomText Express is an affordable screen magnifier designed for those who squint at the computer screen and lean in to read the fine print. It provides a gentle boost of up to 2x magnification so that hard to read text is larger, clearer and easier to see.
ZoomText Express lets you adjust the size and color of the pointer and apply eye-catching locators to the cursor making them easy to see and follow. You can also apply a soft tint to white areas of the screen or reverse all colors to eliminate that familiar blinding glare.

- Download a trial of ZoomText Express (US/Canada)
- Download a trial of ZoomText Express (International)
- Watch our video demonstration
- Purchase ZoomText Express online at www.aisquared.com ($49.99 US/Canada - $59.99 International)

MyDellMini readers can receive a $10 discount on downloadable products by entering "MYDELLMINI" in the Discount code field during checkout.

Ai Squared offers a complete line of Screen Magnification products for the visually impaired.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 10-22-2009, 03:39 PM

For web browsing I use Chrome. I use the Zoom control in the upper right corner next to the wrench for small fonts used on web sites.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#3) Old

Default Browsers Only - 10-22-2009, 03:57 PM

While your Chrome solution works for browser based magnification it doesn't cover the entire computer.

ZoomText Express magnifies EVERYTHING on the screen, menus, dialogs etc. Chrome and other browser based magnifiers also fall apart if the page in question isn't built to web standards.
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 10-22-2009, 04:39 PM

I am not taking away from this software because I remember when ZoomWare was talking about it before on the forums.... but for those using OSX and that cannot get this, OSX has zoom built into the operating system.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#5) Old
Administrator

Default 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM

So does Windows 7, though I have not used that feature yet and have not tried ZoomText.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#6) Old

Default 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM

I would love to try this to see
how it is different from the normal one
that I use.
Good thing its no where near the price
of the normal one.
This is only use full on XP or Vista.
Windows 7 already has that good zooming in
and OSX has one to.

Vostro A90 2GB RAM/16 GB SSD/16GB SDHC/0.3 Web Cam/Bluetooh/10.6.2/NBI 0.8.3/8-Cell battery
  (#7) Old

Default 10-23-2009, 09:10 AM

Why does now everybody can show Software what is allready included in the Mini10?
  (#8) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Different strokes for different folks. Most of the time, software that does something that the OS does usually has additional features that may make it more appealing.

Personally, I don't have the need for software such as this, but it is nice to see it available.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#9) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomWare View Post
While your Chrome solution works for browser based magnification it doesn't cover the entire computer.

ZoomText Express magnifies EVERYTHING on the screen, menus, dialogs etc. Chrome and other browser based magnifiers also fall apart if the page in question isn't built to web standards.
That's why I was specific that it was for browsing. Chrome does a great job and I've yet to see it "fall apart''. It's not a magnifier.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#10) Old

Default 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM

IE and Firfox you can zoom also for free. "CTRL and +" or "CTRL and -" and free of charge.

MFG

Starmanager

« Runcore 128GB T-STyle SSD Unboxed (w/pics) | Windows 7 on the Dell Mini 10v »